Monday, June 15, 2009

I can't sit still for one second.

I've always got to be working on one project or another. I do not understand the meaning of the word, "bored."

I have this space on top of our wardrobe that needed something.
Problem, meet solution:
I've had this cupcake holder sitting in the garage since Finley's 3rd birthday party. I love it. I got it on clearance at Target a few years ago for a few bucks. It looks fun and springy in the green, but you know I've gotta have a project, and it's just sittin' there.
Love me some spray paint. I used the brown as a primer coat...then the cheap ol' Wal-mart black for the final layer. I like the cheap Wal-mart paint b/c it's flat. I wanted it to look kind of like wrought iron so I needed it to be flat. Plus I think shiny spray paint just looks cheap.

I love the way it turned out.
Now what in the world do I put on it? I want some serious suggestions ladies. Seriously, comment right now.
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love how a can of spray paint can change something completely. Nice work!

    My votes for what you could put in it:
    1. whole fruit and put it in the kitchen
    2. fake fruit and put it in the living room
    3. some sort of cute fabric/yarn balls that would add some color to the "wrought iron"
    4. earthy stuff like moss covered things or things that the boys collect from outside that could make it look nature-y

    That's all I've got. Can't wait to see what you use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those beaded ball things. That just sounds tacky, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, loving these ideas. I'm thinking maybe moss covered balls (that DOES sound nasty) maybe mixed w/ some other textures.... some jute, some beads, etc. I'll be sure to post when I get it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was gonna suggest the fun "naturey" balls too. I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)