Tuesday, July 30, 2013

good thing she's cute.

okay, so miss ruby has a bad habit.
my makeup.
she wants to dig in it constantly. :/

on one hand, i think it's cute and girly that she even cares about makeup....but seriously, it's getting out of hand.
and i have never let her play in my makeup, she just sneaks into my bathroom or my purse when i'm not looking.
all. the. time.

so this is our morning....fun craft time at the kitchen table....



crayons. glue. playdough. markers. the works.
i love my children being creative but then when we're done, i want it all cleaned up.

so we get it all cleaned up, wiped down & swept up and i'm feeling really good about the state of affairs.


then i had that sinking feeling that i hadn't seen ruby in a while.....



no.



she used the. entire. jar.
and of course, not on a wipeable surface.




yes. she wiped it all over avery's shorts and he didn't even notice!!
what in the sam hill?!!



she coated the charger. like in every crevice.


why not throw a little bronzer in there too?

and here's the truth.
i cried so much.
like seriously, couldn't stop.
kind of ridiculous actually.
but i just did not want to spend my day cleaning all this up.
and had no idea how to even deal with it.
and i was ready for us to walk out the door to run errands so we couldn't do that what with ruby being covered in makeup and all.

and bless my sweet boys' hearts, they didn't know what to do with me.
sawyer went and spread a quilt on my bed to make it pretty for me and finley went up to the attic to try to find another blanket for my bed.
so so sweet.
they are going to make great husbands, by the way.
they've had to deal with all of my emotions, they'll be able to handle anything. ha! ;)

anyhow, i just put my comforter in the car and we took it to the dry cleaners to see what they could do with it.
i'm hoping that i got it there fast enough that it hadn't set in yet.

ruby and avery's clothes are currently soaking in hot soapy, oxicleany water.
i worked on the carpet for quite a while and now it's soaking with spot shot.

i know it's just a comforter, and so silly to cry over, but i love it and it's pretty. :)
so that's my shallow post for the day.
me crying over "stuff" that doesn't even matter.
oh sigh.

p.s. AJ met us for lunch and to give me a big hug and all was right in the world. :)




Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I get the tears. At least, I think I do. I'm a mama to two young boys and married to a great man. I love all my guys but life is busy and boys are messy. So messy. And I do my best to roll with it, but by nature I'm neat and organized and love pretty things. These traits don't always (read: rarely) jive with life with small people and when my few nice (pretty) things get messed up or broken, sometimes I cry too. It's just stuff for sure, but sometimes it's nice to gave stuff that's just mine and when that line is crossed? Whew, the tears! This daily dying to self stuff is hard!

    Hosanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you totally get it! it is so hard. thanks for your sweet comment. :)

      Delete
  2. Sometimes you just NEED to cry over a comforter. I cried over a bathtub in the middle of Lowe's once. I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH! i read this and was laughing. been there before...yes, i know, it's very upsetting...but these are the times that you will look back and laugh/smile and realize it wasn't such a big deal and you'll look at the pictures of her covered in makeup and think it's hysterical and you'll miss those times after she is older.
    baking soda is great for rugs...for stains, i usually sprinkle it on top, let it sit, then vacuum...if the rug is wet, just sprinkle it on then rub it out. it will take a long time, but it helps a lot. you may be left witha stain, but then, you'll always be left with the memory,which you will smile at one day.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh sara! ruby has no idea what a mama she has! and tears are good medicine for an overwhelmed heart. anna once squirted my face wash in her mouth, then threw up everywhere, then drank/spilled my entire coke (aka lifeline) all over the kitchen while i cleaned up the first mess. deep breaths. press on, friend.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)