Thursday, August 20, 2009

A little DIY for your viewing pleasure.

On one of our many adventures this summer we headed to a nearby small town for their "outdoor marketplace." It was so great. They have cute little antique shops & boutique stores that open up and display their wares outside for you to walk around and look at. There were also a few farmers selling their yuminess.
Look at all this great stuff, I couldn't wait to get my hands on something!
One shop even had entire living areas set up outside. Do you see that mantle back there? Lord, help me not to covet.
My fav-o-rite shop was this cutie cute little shop called "retro." The gal that owns it has a great eye for mixing antique & modern. I so wish I had taken some pictures inside. Do you see the little girl selling lemonade? so sweet.
Anyhow, I spied this little magazine rack for $5 and grabbed it up. I had been wanting one for a while and this was in my price range!

I sprayed painted it until my spray paint ran out and then painted it a few coats of glossy white that I had left over from the builders.
Love it. Fresh and clean and I'm forcing myself to keep my magazine stack to only what neatly fits in here.
Now I desperately want to paint those shelves to go with it...but that will be a much bigger job for another day....

DIY Day @ ASPTL
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Isn't spray paint just the best? So satisfing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, one of my favorite things, painting something white! It looks so nice a fresh now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from ASPTL.

    So you have a magazine hoarding addiction that you are trying to curb also? Wow. Thought it was just me! ha! I need something to limit myself to keeping only a few lying around. Great idea. I have to ask you...where is this little town? It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful example of what a little spray paint can do! It really can be a girl's best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. I never met a can of spray paint I didn't like. Here from ASPTL

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice! what little town did you visit...looks like a wonderland~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute stuff! And I love the magazine rack painted white. I used to go to Tontitown a lot in college, but I haven't stopped at the antique stores in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute, the shelves would look fab in white too.

    I have a poll up on my blog about my BIGGEST decor dilemma. Come on over and vote, I need all the help I can get!

    http://imnomartha.blogspot.com/2009/08/first-poll-ever-to-paint-or-not-to.html

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)