Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fall Decorating - Sara Style

This crisp, cool(er) weather has got me in the mood for Fall! 
As you know, I love the challenge of decorating on a budget.  I think it takes it takes a lot more creativity to use what you have and hunt for deals than it does to just pick the first thing you see in a store or catalog.  I'd rather save that extra money for something like, oh say, hungry children.
This year, I spent $4 on a mum, and that's it.  I don't really go crazy decorating for fall...or any season really.  I just like it to look cozy.
Like a fall-ish front door...

Doesn't a mantle just look better during the holidays?


I've had this pumpkin forever and a day.
I got it at hobby lobby like 5 years ago, half off of course.  I had some fall berry garland stuff I got last year.  I just plopped it on my cake stand and wrapped the berries around it.  I LOVE how it turned out. I love using what I already have in a new way!

Because I love it so much, I must post another picture of it.

I had these ceramic pumpkins that needed an update. You know what I did, I don't even have to tell you.

Oh, the $1 glossy white spray paint from Wal-Mart...how I love you.


Remember a few months ago when I spray painted that rack thing and didn't know what to do with it? Well, I've been fussing with it and putting different things on it.  I'm still not really happy with it.  I should probably just get over it and put it on the table with some fruit in it like Ballard Designs does.
Here it is with my white pumpkins.

And because nothing says fall like a jar o' candy corn . . .

 Now I feel the need to go make some caramel apples...
Happy Fall Decorating!!




DIY Day @ ASPTL
Pin It

15 comments:

  1. Way to go, Sara! Want to come bring a little fall into my house? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use a simple cake stand! You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have inspired me to decorate this weekend. I WILL DO IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love being thrifty too! my entire fall decor cost me $8. i love the white pumpkins. very cute & a change from everything orange.

    i host a goodwill party every wednesday, stop by and link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little touches of fall!! My fall centerpiece (Which I don't have posted yet) cost all of $5.

    Really like what you did with the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute! i am glad you posted 2 pics of the pumpkin on the cakestand. what a great idea!

    (and uhm, i'll take a piece of the caramel pie, please!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is beautiful, but the candy corn made my mouth water! :) Great job on the Fall decorating. I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your fall decor looks so beautiful, i haven't even started, with is being in the 100's its still too hot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks beautiful. I love looking at all the differetn styles.


    Tonight is the cut off for the Celebrating Home give-a-way.

    Come on over.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love fall! Thanks for reminding me that I need to get some candy corn!!!!

    Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah....your house looks so cozy! I am a big fan of Ballard Designs but an even bigger fan of decorating on a budget. It's a fun challenge. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)