Wednesday, September 29, 2010

autumn. . . i love that word.

 well it finally got cool enough around here to decorate for fall.
i don't go crazy...but i do enjoy making my home feel cozy and fallish.

i'm soooo enjoying having my windows open.
 
i love digging in my fall box and figuring out what i can do with what i've got.
those pumpkins are just some old ceramic ones that i spray painted last year....sitting on top of some fake berry stuff and grapevine napkin rings that i've had forever.
 nothing says fall like aj watching football with the rabbit ears.
i love the promise & hope of a new season.
changing seasons are such a picture of our lives.
God doesn't let us stay in the same place for too long.
sometimes our season we're in is hard, but there's always the promise of a new day and new season, right around the corner. Pin It

9 comments:

  1. loving all your decor, but especially that metal bucket with the mums. so fall like! i haven't gotten mums yet, but of course they are on the list of fall things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful!!! This is my plan for today, wish me luck! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it all! And I love the comments you made about seasons in our lives too...so true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your hair looks super cute in that one pic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we own the same couches as well as dining room table (though my table is unpainted). Did you buy your couches from Ashley furniture? If so, this is kind of getting weird! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you've fallified and the mums look FAB - what's working for you??

    I totally identify with the changing of seasons analogy too. Are you a Nichole Nordeman fan?

    I love her 'every season' song...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dwpdZdvCl8

    ReplyDelete
  7. I needed to read this today! Lots going on for us too. We need to chat soon! Love the decor; hey, am I missing something or did you guys install wood floors in your living room? I swear it was all carpeted last time I was there...

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)