Friday, October 1, 2010

praise Jesus, it's friday.

 hey friends.
this has been a long, emotionally draining week.
but it's almost the weekend and God is faithful.
i'm so looking forward to a whole weekend with my little family.

okay some fun things......
looky, looky what i got in the mail today:
how cute is that?
and it has gray polka dotty fabric on the inside.
gray and polka dots are two of my favorite things. so double yay.
i read lindsey's blog everyday so i was super excited to win a gift certificate to her pleated poppy shop 
through ordinary inspirations.  thanks lindsey & traci!!  you made my day. :)


2nd fun thing is this dish soap....
 holey moley this stuff smells amazing.
i had a $1 off coupon (of course).
they sell mrs. meyer's at wal-mart now. 
every time i type the word wal-mart, i think of kids in elementary school chanting "wal-mart, fall-apart."  
just thought you should know.
i think i am developing an addiction to sniffing this soap.
i may need to go to counseling.
and i may need to get a job so i can buy every single mrs. meyer's product on the shelf.

okay many of you asked for the bake ahead meal recipes.
i only have one so far, but it was one our our favorites.
the chicken bake.

1 (10oz or whatever the normal size can is) can of cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
2 cups chicken, cooked & cubed
3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded & divided
3 1/2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
1 1/2 cups frozen peppers & onions

Combine soup, sour cream, milk, chicken & half of the cheese.
Spread 3/4 of this mixture in a greased, freezable baking dish. (we used 9 X 13 but could have used smaller).
Sprinkle hash browns & peppers & onions over top of casserole & press down lightly w/ fork.
Top vegetables w/ remaining soup mixture.
Sprinkle w/ remaining cheese.
Wrap in foil & freeze up to 3 mos.
to serve: thaw overnight in fridge, uncover & bake @ 350 for 60 min. until bubbly & heated through.
the end.

we quadrupled this recipe and it worked great.
it's really yummy and everyone in my family ate it happily.  seriously. that is a miracle right there.

and lastly but not leastly. . .

Happy Happy Birthday Mom!!  looking forward to celebrating with you next week. xoxox Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I clipped that same coupon for soap and plan to use it soon. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I FREAKING LOVE THAT DISHSOAP. It's all I use now. I buy 2 at a time, and also have the hand soap. It's addicting and I sniff it regularly. Way too expensive, but I figure I do enough coupons on other things to be able to buy something full price that improves my dishwashing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that zipper bag, Sara. I've been looking for something like that to carry around all my diabetic stuff that goes with me everywhere. I think that might be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mrs. Meyers, too. I have basil and lavender, but I think lavender is my favorite. Sometimes I switch back and forth just to spice it up! I use the hand soap. It helps me feel better about washing my hands 317 times a day.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)