Friday, February 4, 2011

some encouragement this morning

i always love my Jesus Calling devotional.
aj and i read it every morning and it always feeds my soul.

i thought i'd share this morning's reading with you. it encouraged me...hopefully it will encourage you as well.

Bring Me your weakness, and receive My peace.  Accept yourself and your circumstances just as they are, remembering that I am sovereign over everything.  Do not wear yourself out with analyzing and planning.  Instead let thankfulness and trust be your guides through this day; they will keep you close to Me.  As you live in the radiance of My Presence, My Peace shines upon you.  You will cease to notice how weak or strong you feel, because you will be focusing on Me.  The best way to get through this day is step by step with Me.  Continue this intimate journey, trusting that the path you are following is headed for heaven.  

blessings!! Pin It

10 comments:

  1. I really needed that today. Kids at home again for the third snow day. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stealing this. Great message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it. read the same thing this morning in my Jesus calling book! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben gave me that devo last year in my stocking. I love how personal it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you read my blog post that I posted last night about midnight you will see that I especially needed this today. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!!! Keeps me focused on my verse of the week. The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him. Lam 3:25

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm crying this morning after reading this blog. I have spent the last week worried, fretting, and in doubt over our finances. Doesn't that seem to be the theme everywhere you look these days?

    We are a mid-20s couple with a 2 year old. My husband is a full time youth pastor and while I recognize the honor in being called to ministry, times are hard. They are just plain hard.

    These days I am faced with possibly having to leave my son to go back to work and I am grieving. I don't understand why God would put the deep desire and love for serving my family from our home in my heart, only to have to leave it behind. I would be lying if I said I haven't spent the last week angry, in tears, and frustrated.

    Then you shared this. And I am crying. Because you are right. God is sovereign and He is Mighty and Good. And no matter where our journey takes us in the next few months, we will not be forsaken. Thank you for sharing this morning. You don't know who I am, but please know that you have ministered to a 26 year old mom in Oregon. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, thank you so much for these words. I can relate....AJ was a youth pastor for a while and times were tough. well, actually they still are. ;)

    You're right, God is so good. He is FOR you. I will pray that you feel His closeness today. blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to say "hi!" I am now a follower of your blog - and it's a lovely blog at that...I am enjoying reading!

    Jamie Taylor
    http://www.taylors-taylortalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)