Friday, September 21, 2012

instafriday

it's starting to feel like fall around here....and i'm actually pretty happy about it.
you know i've let go of summer when i bust out the fall candle.




it's so hard for me to say goodbye to summer but this cooler weather has been niiiiice. 
we've had the windows open all week and i big puffy heart love that.

a candle feels so cozy and actually makes me happy about fall.
this one is from the walmarts and smells really good.
it's callled "warm rustic woods." yummy.

last weekend we had good friends come to visit.
they have three boys so our boys have a ball together.
we were supposed to go camping but it rained the entire weekend so we just did lots of hanging out.

if you can't go camping . . . you go to cabela's.
the next best thing, really.
plus you get to see a bunch of dead animals. 
perfect.




boys are awesome.




okay so i am in love with ruby in a poofy skirt.
i love the way her booty and legs look in them.
i can't get enough.





moving on . . . .
i love having my desk downstairs in the front room.
it's so much more convenient than when we had it in our bedroom {why??}

i love my cozy little space to work while the boys do home school and the littles play around me. 




more fall coziness.
prepare yourself to see many photos of my hot drinks over the next few months.
cool weather = hot drinks all the day long. 
{also loving my new leopard flats from target. i think they scream fall plus they read as a neutral so you can wear them with just about anything}




fun, quick dessert for a mom's meeting at school.
cream cheese mixed with powdered sugar, topped with melted caramels & crushed heath bar.
see, pinterest is good for something. ;) ha ha ha.




oh look another hot drink picture!
i'm on a roll.
i had to make a second pot that day. 
i think i need to make a second pot today too. 
sometimes it's just necessary....for my sanity....and my attitude. :)




yesterday was a fun, sewing afternoon.
i love that. 
creating is good for my soul.
i wish i could do it everyday. 




i made 5 pillows for the front room. 
i'm just about to show you that room. 
hopefully i can take some pics this weekend. 
i like to make the backs of pillows white to save the "good" fabric. 

the fabric is from hobby lobby.
except the top pillow.
i made that one from a vintage apron that i bought for 75 cents at a thrift store in kansas {they have the best thrifting}.

also crafting is made extra fun by watching old episodes of friday night lights on netflix.  :)

okay peeps that's it for today.
have a lovely weekend!!

join me in linking up your instapics here....

life rearranged


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Cute pillows! Looks like you had a fun week. Stopping by from the insta-friday linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love throw pillows. It's really a little crazy that I go into stores and get all excited over different colors, patterns, textures.....
    I love that you made your own. I've been wanting to, but I still haven't taken the sewing machine out of the box (bought it in the spring). I need help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by for instafriday! Looks like an awesome week! Those pillows are awesome, and I'm glad that I'm not the only one that busts out the fall candle when I'm ready for temps to change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i need that polka dot fabric for my living room. i have 2 other fabrics and i've been trying to find a 3rd so i can make some new pillows. love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, that poofy skirt is to-die-for with those little chubby legs! I have those same flats from Target, love them!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)