Thursday, October 3, 2013

thrifted thursday

so....sorry, i kind of abandoned thrifted thursday.

turns out, being wife and mom to four kids and homeschooling part time, and feeding these people and making sure they have clean clothes and trying to keep our house picked up and be a good friend and daughter and love the people around me...and trying to do all of that well.... it takes a lot of time. ;)

also, as you can imagine, those things have to take priority over me sharing my thrifting adventures.
as much as i love blogging and it is therapeutic for me, sometimes it has to take a back burner to life.
and i'm good with that.
thanks for hanging in there with me. :)

so onto the thrifting.
now that school is back in sesh and all my kids are doled out around town one morning a week, i can do some thrifting again.



i *love* the feeling of pulling up at the ph thrift on a thursday morning right at opening.
there's always a line of people. always.
even better if i have a cup of coffee in my hand.



i am crazy over these vintage curtains i found...at a yard sale actually.
i haven't decided what i'm going to do with them yet.
the pattern and the colors are just so perfect that i have to really think this out.
such a happy find.



my mom brought this gorgeous old quilt for my booth.
i had to force myself to bring it to the booth...i l-o-v-e old quilts.




found these sweet old jars at the thrift.
i think they're about 2 quarts.
kept one, put one in the booth.
i think it will be the perfect juice pitcher. :)




i've been looking for a bed skirt for avery's bed for a while now.
last week i found this nautica blue plaid number that is perfect...now we don't have to see all the junk he's shoved under his bed from the door way.
i think it was $2. boom.




i grabbed this for 99 cents to paint and use to hang art work or photos.




i love finding ties at the thrift store.
AJ took one and i've been using one as a belt. :)




i usually don't look at the clothes because i don't love digging through so much but i did spot these levis that are so soft and comfortable and have pretty much been my uniform lately.
that was a super happy find. 
i also found that banana republic red shirt and that fun woven belt...that i wore on sunday....see below. :)



btw, ruby's entire outfit, save her headband, is from rhea lana's.
i really, really love having a dress up doll. :)
also p.s. my jeans are from plato's closet and my shoes are 17 year old j.crew heels from my senior year in high school.
wow. we are some thrifty girls over here. :)

soooo.....have y'all been thrifting lately?
i'd love to see your finds if you want to link up in the comments. :)


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Lovely finds sara.. i've got a few from today... so thrifty friday for me!http://mytinythrift.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/thrifty-finds-and-tiny-of-antique.html
    I'd love for you to take a peak. :)
    Bethany x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those curtains! Love Ruby in her headband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did it again sara. Shopping is addictive... thrifting is on a whole new level.... haha. http://mytinythrift.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/i-went-thriftingantiquegeneral-shopping.html

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)