Tuesday, September 24, 2013

i'm a tv star, basically.

i've been wanting to tell y'all about something really fun that i got to do a few weeks ago.

okay you know, the duggars, right?
the big ol' family on 19 kids and counting on TLC?

well they live right down the road from us.
michelle is friends with my friend, kathy, who i work with at rhea lana's {the children's consignment event that i work at a few times a year}.
michelle and her girls have shopped at rhea lana's many times and they have also volunteered at our events.
anyhoooo.....

we got to help them out with a special project a few weeks ago and were filmed for an upcoming show.
so yeah, super fun and nerve wracking at the same time!


a few of us girls from the rhea lana's leadership team worked with the duggars on a big event to raise money for arkansas children's hospital.


this pic is after a long, hot day of working outside so we are sweaty and dusty, but we had to document it.  :)



aj brought the kids up for a little bit to visit me and experience the extravaganza of the event. :)






i can't share any details since the show hasn't aired, but i wanted to tell you so that you could watch on October 22 for our episode which is also the season finale for 19 kids and counting.

i hope i don't look like a total goober but i'm pretty sure i will.

also, i have to say that the duggars are the sweetest people you'll ever meet.
seriously, so genuine.
i loved every last one of them.
it was such a pleasure working with them and getting to know them. :)



Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Love it! We got to meet them several years ago when we went to their home church. I spent all afternoon just chatting with Michelle and I agree, she is so sweet and so real. It seems surreal to me now that that really happened because we still faithfully watch their show. It makes you ready for a fifth now, huh?! :)

    I can't wait to see how it all unfolds...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! :) I also got to meet her once at a parenting seminar that we were both attending, and you're so right -- completely genuine. I'm looking forward to the episode!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How exciting. I love that show. They seem like such genuine, loving people. What a cool thing that you got to meet them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous!! They are my favorite family ever- love their sweet spirits and Christian values. So neat, and I will look for you in the show!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am living under a rock w/o cable and far away from a chance encounter with the Duggars. BUT I WILL be watching that episode just to see you, a tv star. First a commercial, now a reality show. Girl, you be famous.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)