Friday, October 24, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Last week Avery's school had a field trip to the McGarrah Farm's Pumpkin Patch. It was so great! It was way out, down a dirt road and there were fields of pumpkins as far as you could see. The boys were so excited to pick out their pumpkins.

Mr. McGarrah was wonderful with the kids. The first thing they did was have an educational talk about pumpkins. He showed them the vine that they grow on. He explained how they grow, when they plant, and showed the kids the different varieties of pumpkins. It was so neat!
Next, he took us on a hayride. It was my kind of hayride...totally enclosed. I am always a nervous nelly about hayrides...so this made me happy. :) The boys loved it. They spent the entire time looking out. They had different fall/halloween things hanging from the trees along the way. The boys had fun pointing them out and shrieking at each one.
After the hayride they each got to pick out a pumpkin. We got 2 small ones for them to paint and one large one for us to carve as a family. I pulled them in this little wagon back over to where we had the educational talk to eat their lunches we brought.
I thought they were so cute, sitting up their eating their lunch.
It was a great fall day! Pin It

2 comments:

  1. oh what fun!! I love fall!! So glad you guys are enjoying it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just caught up on your life from your past like 7 posts. I've been a horrible blogger lately with all the recent birthdays adn teaching and work and... Anyway, LOVE the pictures; you are one sexy mama and your 2 blond boys are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)