Wednesday, February 3, 2010

avery.

i love having a 7 year old.
it is really so fun.
every stage of my boys lives i have wanted to freeze time and not let them get any older.
okay, maybe not when avery was 2, but other than that. :)
but each stage just gets better.

i love the relationship that we have. 
i love how he prays.
i love how he leads.
i love how he is obsessed with Bible Man.

it is so fun to see him reading chapter books now.
i love seeing more and more of his personality emerging.
he has a very strong sense of right and wrong.
and it hurts this mama's heart when others aren't kind to him.
he doesn't understand it.

he is a strong willed little guy.
and there were times when he was younger that i didn't know what to do with him.
but he has chilled out...mostly.
i am seeing more and more of his daddy in him and i love that.

i usually try to send a note in his lunch box at school.
he saves every one.

last week i sent this one:

he brought it back home with a note for me on the back.
melt. my. heart.




  Pin It

8 comments:

  1. OK, that is the sweetest thing I have ever seen. What a special little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad he's still okay with being lovey-dovey with you. Gives me hope that I have a little time left with my boys before they become too cool for all that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What a sweetie! I have a 7-year-old son, too, and last night he asked me to "go to redcross dot org" so that he could donate $10 to Haiti. It just melted me, because he's been saving his allowance for four months to buy a Nintendo DSI, and $10 is a significant portion of his savings. I don't know what I did to deserve my three boys, but they just OWN me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sweet Katherine! I totally know what you mean about them OWNING you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh - brought tears to my eyes and I don't even have kids. You must be doing a great job for him to be such a sweetheart. I love your blog, your attitude, and the graciousness that comes through your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious!! I have a 16 month old daughter-loving every moment, and it's so good to hear that it just keeps getting better. Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh babe...that's precious (predee). I love that. : )

    I also heart your pillow. I'm gona snag it tonight when we come over. ha!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)