Wednesday, June 23, 2010

summer art project #3


when i saw the idea for rainbow pudding pops i knew that we would be making those.
plus, it was on our summer list to make popsicles.

it was super easy & fun & the boys loved this project.

if you want to make these, here's what you need:

oh and some super eager helpers as well.
 we used the neon food coloring. very fun.

you just follow the pudding directions on the box, separate your pudding into bowls, & add your food coloring.
 like i said, easy.
then you just layer the pudding in your cups.
these paper cups were nice because once the popsicles were frozen, we could just tear off the cup.
next time i will get smaller cups. 
i was just using what we had on hand and these made pretty stout popsicles. 
plus one box of pudding made exactly 3 squaty pops.
so next time i'll probably  use two pudding packs, more colors & smaller cups.
just an FYI.
you just shove the popsicle stick right in the middle & the pudding will hold it up.
YUM.

 let me know if you make these! Pin It

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the idea!! They look fun and yummy - my little guy would LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I still haven't done the chalk idea yet, and now I have another one I want to do. ha! I can't keep up. I will try to post picts after I accomplish these things. I know K will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, are those the gel food colorings? You'll have to FB me or email me and tell me where you found them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we'll have to try those..I don't know if I'll share though...I love pudding pops! Yay for summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing. I'm bookmarking it now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the best craft projects and make them look so fun! We did the sidewalk paint and the kids loved it. We will have to try this one next week after things return to normal following VBS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i'm so glad you did the sidewalk paint! i BIG PUFFY HEART love easy & fun crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, so cool.
    so, i wish i could make those...let me see, um no...i don't think so!:)
    i could probably find the cups and I know I could find milk...but haven't seen any food coloring or pudding in India. I'll be on the lookout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made just made another (non-popsicle) version with chocolate pudding and oreo layers. the cups are freezing right now, i'll have to let you know how it turns out! summer + frozen treats = pure joy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooh, fun. I think I'll add this to our summer to do list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. we made these today and they were a hit - thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Sara! Your pudding pops turned out so great! I was wondering if would be okay with you if I featured your pudding pops on my blog. I'm trying to put together a post with lots of different versions of my rainbow pudding pops!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUM! I want to try these...if our nice weather ever sticks around for more than a week. Seattle...bleh!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)