Wednesday, June 9, 2010

this is a sad post.

our precious friends are leaving today for North India.
 
indefinitely.
they are obeying God & moving their family to the other side of the world.
i am so thrilled for them.
i look forward to watching this adventure play out.
i look forward to hearing all the stories about what God does through them.
how they get to be a part of changing people's lives.

but right now my heart just aches.
this is harder than i ever thought it would be.
maybe it's the indefinitely part.
my mind wants to wrap around an ending point.
mel is more than my friend.
she is my sister, a kindred spirit for sure.
and i'm not sure how life will look without her.
so i am up in the middle of the night, tossing and turning.
my heart hurting with this loss.

i started keeping micah a couple of days a month when he was just a baby.
and then levi when he came along.
so our boys have grown up together.
i am sad for that loss as well.
and dave is a brother to aj.
they connect on a spiritual level that it is often hard for guys to do.
we have made so many great memories over the years.

and this year especially we have grown so close.
i know we will stay connected.
but it's not the same.

i am so proud of them.
they are sacrificing so much for God's work.
there is no better way to spend their lives.
than to pour it out like a drink offering to their Savior.

but my heart is broken at the loss of their companionship.
our hearts were made for eternity.
and i so look forward to a time when there are no more goodbyes.
i'm thankful more than ever for that hope.
i love you my sweet friends. Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Ok, Sara, that almost brought me to tears. My heart hurts for you. Even when we know God's at the helm, letting go (even for a while) is so heartbreaking. I know they'll do great things! And y'all, too! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, "indefinitely" is so hard to deal with. I was just talking to my brother about that the other day.
    I'll be praying for both of yall's families during this transition :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet post...and sad too! I feel for you and know it's hard losing close friends "indefinitely" there's nothing fun about it. I am thankful for Skype though and hope you guys can stay somewhat connected that way.
    hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed this reminder. I have been reading your blog for about a month or two now and love it, by the way. We are moving to France by the end of this year to be church planters. It is really hard to be in this position (it's indefinite also), but I can almost see how it's harder for those being left behind. We get the excitement of a new country, new experiences, new faces, etc. Those left behind are left with basically a big hole and not much "new" to fill it with. Thanks for the reminder to be more sensitive of the people on the other end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog from the link you left at the Nester's and I absolutely love it! I'm your newest follower. I have been having a horrible week with my son not sleeping and reading about how thankful you are for your boys put my attitude in a much better place. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm crying. I am so sorry you had to say goodbye to your precious friends. I look forward to a day when goodbyes are no longer necessary as well. I am praying for your heart and the loss you feel sweet girl. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A sad post indeed. :( You express exactly how I feel. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love you sweet friend. we aren't that far! Good talking with you yesterday. i will call again soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)