Thursday, October 6, 2011

heed the warning. . .

nearly three weeks of computer issues have driven me a little crazy.
it was a short trip.

technology is such a blessing when everything is working right.
it can also send you to a near panic when things go awry. 
when our computer, modem & wireless got hit by lightning, i was really worried that we'd lost all our pictures. . . almost 3 years worth. 

i've lost a year of pictures before...you'd think i'd learn.
my dad has always told me, "save early, save often."
basically i'm a big ol' procrastinator and just haven't done it.
it just seemed too time consuming and mostly, i just put out the biggest fire.

praise Jesus from whom all blessings flow, the hard drive was intact.
we lost our logic board, whatever the heck that is, but we have our data.
i'm still trying to get all our files where they need to go....my brain hurts.
really, i'm not smart enough for all this computer techy mumbo jumbo.

i'm also currently uploading all 24,000 some odd photos onto shutterfly. 
i loaded 7,000ish last night and it says time remaining is 6 days...ha ha ha.

while we were waiting to hear back from the computer tech, i was praying hard that we would get our pictures back.
i cannot tell you how thankful i am.
they mean so much to me.

for example...the pictures from the day we brought ruby home from the hospital.
i so wanted those first pictures of her in her going home from the hospital dress.



i wanted to cry when i saw them.


 our little, tiny, two-day-old daughter in the dress i made just for her.


that was such a happy day.



oh those tiny little feetsies!!





so thankful to have these pictures of that precious day.
God is so lavish with us. 


Pin It

11 comments:

  1. What gorgeous and sweet photos...glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Kodak software crashed taking with it about 4000 pictures. Pictures of my son from age 3 to 7, pictures of my Beagle who I put to sleep last summer, pictures of my sister, brother and dad [he died this summer], pictures of me and my horse who is 26 and certainly not long for this world.... it was heartbreaking and sobering... and a reminder to print those pictures and get them in albums!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness. so glad you didn't lose all your pictures....maybe you should purchase a portable had drive to keep them in? but, don't keep it plugged in all the time...only when you transfer photos and not during bad weather...i have a "my book"...check it out...we love it...we have stored soooo much on it. http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=240

    by the way, adorable ruby pics.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks lisa! why did you choose the "my book?" over others? also, why do you not keep it plugged in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that baby girl - she is the sweetest!!!!! So happy for you! And you're right - those feetsies!!!
    Since losing precious photos on my computer a few years ago, I am now in the practice of uploading my family photos on weekly basis to snapfish. Once in a while I order a pile of them for my albums. Nothing like having them stored on a great big server somewhere to alleviate the worries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. precious! so glad that you didn't lose any pictures. such a relief.

    and love ruby's dress. i made elle a dress out of that exact fabric this summer! so sweet and girly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you didn't lose those! What beautiful memories. I lost almost the whole first year of pictures of our 4thnto a comp. crash and am still kicking myself that they weren't saved. I now have ALL pics saved to a back-up hard drive plus some CDs that are stored in the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sara, i chose the my book since i heard good things about them and they hold toooons of stuff. i don't keep it plugged in since i have to plug into the usb thingy, and i always have othet things plugged into there-like a wireless mouse, etc...also, it makes a very very low noise while it is on. my husband can't hear it, but i can, so i don't keep it plugged in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, also, forgot to say, i don't keep it plugged in all the time during bad weather in case it wipes out all the info froma lightening storm....you can also get cheaper my books also than the one i sent a link to.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is absolutely adorable! Those little shoes are darling. Did you make those, too?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!! :) no I didn't make those sweet shoes....they were borrowed from a friend.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)