Wednesday, November 2, 2011

fall pinterest challenge



y'all know how i love pinterest, right?

i know some people say it's a time suck, but i honestly don't think it is. 
i rarely look at it on my computer...mostly i just look at it on my phone when i'm waiting in line, nursing a baby at 4 am, driving...ha ha just kidding. ;)
you get the idea.
i like to pin crafts in the wee hours of the morning when i'm trying not to fall asleep on my baby.
and aj's loving it because i've been making all kinds of desserts lately.
it's actually inspired me to get back in the swing of cooking after having little miss ruby.

anyhow, a couple of blogs i read, young house love & bower power came up with this fun pinterest challenge.  
basically to get themselves to stop pinning and start doing.
so there's a group of four bloggers, katie, sherry, ana, & erin who are each doing a project that they've pinned on pinterest. . . . and they're challenging their readers to join in.
you picked something you've pinned on pinterest, do the project & blog about it. 
fun, right?

i love a challenge and i love pinterest so i decided to join the party.

i've had this recipe, crock pot italian chicken with potatoes, pinned for a couple of weeks.
i decided this was the week to do it...i've got a pinterest challenge and a cool fall day....perfect!
plus, crock pot meals are my favey because you're done with the meal in the morning and you don't have to mess with it during those whiney-fussy-we're-ready-for-daddy-to-be-home hours.


it's a super simple meal and probably took me 10 minutes to throw in the crock.

the recipe called for italian seasoning...which i misread to be italian seasoning dressing mix...so i hope it's not too salty...we'll see.



nothing better than a picture of raw chicken on your computer screen...yummmm.

you only use 4-6 potatoes and i didn't peel them so it took just a couple of minutes to cut those into chunks and throw them in.


i used a little extra cheese because...well, it's cheese.

my kitchen smells divine right now.
i'll let you know if it tastes as good as it smells.


i am loving having a laptop...even if the lighting striking our imac did cost me a month of stress and $350 extra dollars.  it sure is nice to have my recipes right there on the counter.

so there you go, my first pinterest challenge complete. :)

and by the way, don't let pinterest overwhelm you or discourage you.
just pick the projects, recipes, etc. that fit your life and will be a blessing.




Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I made my second pinterest meal last night. I love having an easy place to store the recipes that I find. I'm not crafty at all so I think you should come up with an easy fun holiday craft because you're amazing at crafting and then I'll have to try it! Thanks for the comment the other day. It was sweet to hear from you I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try making yogurt this week for my little guy who hasn't had anything in 2 years now. I found (what I hope to be) an easy recipe on Pinterest tonight and got all excited. I have the starter and everything, but have been too afraid to try. I WILL Tomorrow! Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cooking from recipes on my laptop on the counter. I also sometimes watch shows on Hulu while prepping or doing the dishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm i really should put my pininterest to work. and you've just shared is probably a good idea to start with since any others pinned seems a wee too complicated ~ fruit cakes and roast pork.

    mind sharing the recipe that you tried? thanx!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the jar with crayons on your island. Yep, I sure do.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)