Thursday, November 17, 2011

gallery wall...oh, it's happening.

so i told you the other day that i want to do a gallery/photo wall in our living room. 
i've planned to do it since we moved here almost a year ago.
i think it has seemed overwhelming because of the time it would take to dig out all my frames & go through my pictures & order pictures & figure out art for the other frames. 
i think between posting photos of my living room and reading katie's post about her wall of frames, i finally got the kick in the pants i needed to get started. 

so right now, the wall of frames is in process.  

i dug out all of my frames from my cabinets and laid them out on the floor.
i have a bunch of frames because i never get rid of frames...much like pillows.
also, if any of my friends are getting rid of frames, i always take them.
i know i can always transform them with a can of spray paint. :) 

i laid out all the frames and played with them until i came up with an arrangement i liked.


i wasn't sure if i wanted all the frames to be the same color...i.e.: all black or all white.
so, i looked around pinterest at gallery walls and decided that what i liked best was a combination of finishes. 
i decided to keep some frames as they are and spray paint the others white.


i decided to try out this Krylon paint & primer in one so that i wouldn't have to mess with sanding.


i had some prints made and will hopefully print out some art prints when my color ink arrives from amazon. {thank you swagbucks! hurry mr. postman}.


my plan is to just get the frames up on the wall as soon as possible and then add the photos and art work and doodads as i can.
i think just having it up on the wall will keep me motivated to get it finished.

i'll keep you posted!

**p.s. today is the last day to enter my $20 dayspring giveaway! it closes tonight at midnight. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)