Tuesday, November 8, 2011

the happy day project


i am so excited about the happy day project

julie {joy's hope} and jeannett {life rearranged} have come up with a fun way to use your blog for good. 
i so want this bloggy space of mine to be more than just recording memories and sharing my cheapy crafts and decorating.
if there's a way that God can use it for good, then i'm in.

for the happy day project, there's a fun task for each day of the week and a charity they are going to feature and a free printable each day. 
who loves a free printable??
this girl.
check all the details here.

monday's project was to bring a treat to a neighbor. 
the big boys and i decided to bring cookies to our ederly neighbors that we have never met. 
i am ashamed that we've lived here almost a year and i haven't gone to meet them. 


i usually shy away from writing much about how we serve. 
i so don't want pride getting in here and messing it up.
but the happy day project got me out of my house and across the street and i'm so glad it did. 
i'm hoping i can encourage you to do something as well. 


so we met our 95 year old neighbors and they were so sweet.
they ushered us right in and pretty much talked non-stop the entire time we were there. :)
margie gave the boys some of their sugar free cookies. 
the boys were so sweet and just sat and listened quietly.
i am so, so glad we did that.
i promised her that we would come back again.
i told the boys we should go over every week and visit them. 

i wish that we had got over there sooner.
sometimes i need a push to get out of my comfort zone.
maybe you do too. 
so why don't you join in the happy day movement and bless someone this week?

it sure did my heart good and i'm so thankful that julie and jeannett had this idea.
they are using their blogs for good.

if you join in, let me know! i'd love to know what you did. :)



Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love that you did this for your neighbors! It's so sweet & thoughtful. We have an elderly couple that live across the street from us. The husband was like a 2nd grandfather to my daughter, and unfortunately he passed away a year ago. So hard. Every now and then my little girl and I will bring over a platter of goodies to her and when we make extra at meal times we sometimes bring her those as well. You can see her face just light up when she sees us standing there with something for her. It not only makes her feel good, but it makes us feel amazing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johannah...thanks...what sweet neighbors you all are. I'm sure you are such a blessing to her. What a great idea to bring your extra's from a meal! I will have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)