Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I Scream, You Scream

For Christmas, AJ's parents got us an ice cream maker. It is so cool and fun for kids. When I thought of ice cream makers I thought of those huge clunky metal ones where you have to pour salt in and it just seemed like a big hassle. We always had those at ice cream socials growing up and I really would have preferred some good ol' Braums. Well AJ loves homemade ice cream so he was stoked. Last weekend we were watching Tenney so Nick & Emily could go out. We thought that would be a fun activity for the kids. It turned out so great! AJ's mom gave me her recipe for vanilla and it was so DELICIOUS. I added extra cream because I don't think ice cream can be too creamy. The boys had so much fun turning the ice cream.




Here are the boys enjoying their ice cream they made! Nick and Emily said Tenney says ice cream is too cold so he probably wouldn't want any....but he asked for seconds! They really liked it and so did we. We want to try out some more flavors. If anyone has a good recipe they'd like to share, let me know!!


I love this system we have with Nick & Emily. This past weekend they watched our boys so we could go out. We had some gift cards we'd been saving up from Christmas so we went out to dinner and a movie and spent $5 for the entire evening! We ate at Red Lobster, which I haven't eaten at since junior high. Why? It was soooo yummy. Those cheddar biscuits were worth the trip alone. I had pineapple glazed tilapia. Yum. Then we went and saw Juno. Good movie. I want to see it again. I cried. Then again, what movie do I not cry at??


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I don't have the recipe, but I made pumpkin ice cream with a recipe I found online and it was delicious! You could probably google it and find it. We added crushed Nilla Wafers to it when it was done to make it "pumpkin pie" ice cream.

    I don't think I've ever gone from laughing to crying and back to laughing again so quickly than I did during Juno. We loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun times with all that ice-cream! Yum!

    Ava wants to see "Sara's kitty", she's been asking EVERY DAY! She needs a furry friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! My Dad makes homemade ice cream at all of our family gatherings in the warm weather months. His "specialty" is peach, which is surprisingly good. He picks the peaches and freezes them, then uses them throughout the year for ice cream. I can get his recipe. I've seen some yummy looking recipes in Marth Stewart Living. I'm sure you can find them on her website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sara,
    I ran onto your blog while looking at some others. I went to JBU my last 2 years and had some classes with AJ. Your family is very cute- we have 2 boys also. Looks like you all had fun with the icecream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hoping for enough snow to make snow ice cream! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sara, I took your advice and went ahead and started one today. My sister set one up a few weeks ago. I went to your etsy shop and you have such cute stuff on it! Have you had good success on etsy?

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)