Monday, December 13, 2010

book page wreath.

one of my new favorite {new to me} design blogs is jones design company.
i love her style. love. it.
it's simple and beautiful.

anyhow, she has a bunch of great tutorials...one of which is this book page wreath that i'd been wanting to make.

i took all the supplies with me when we went to kansas over thanksgiving.
i knew i would have plenty of relaxing time and craft projects are my kind of therapy.


i followed her tutorial step by step.
she has tons of pictures to follow which i love.
this was really easy and fun.
and it really didn't take long at all....maybe an hour or an hour and a half?

i rolled/folded a bunch of the pages at a time so that i could just glue them on one right after the other.
i love it.
it's big and poofy and wonderful.
{i used a 12" foam wreath}

and now it's hanging in my new kitchen window.
i get to enjoy it every day. :)
and here's a little peak at the kitchen....


feeling more at home and settled every day.
thank you for all your lovely well wishes.

let me know if you make this wreath, i'd love to see your pictures! Pin It

7 comments:

  1. yes, I zoomed in on the kitchen pic :)...i like the white sink! how do you like it?

    very cool book-pages wreath!

    so, are wreaths just a December thing or would you leave it up, since its not overly Christmas-y?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's high on my "to-make" list, but I haven't gotten to it yet. I think you've inspired me, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. christine...i will leave it up all year...but i'll probably move it here and there whenever i get the whim. :)

    yes karen...make one...seriously theraputic. and really what would fit you more than a book page wreath? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I am still stuck on your burlap wreath. After Christmas is over, I think I am going to make one for the mantel and change the chalkboard to say something Wintery...easy change for the christmas-is-over transition. : )
    I also have a yarn wreath I want to do. I saved a picture so I can show it to you...so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your wreath. It's so cute! So glad you could come to Potters House Christmas Party and hear me sing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that blog too!! I made the rosette wreath for the fall and have the supplies to make the ruffle burlap wreath. :) And, now I want to make this one too. CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl you make the cutest wreath you know what I'm saying lol.:)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)