Monday, December 27, 2010

christmas part 1

we celebrated christmas with my mom & her husband david (aka grammy & grandpa david) on christmas eve.
it was a lovely, cozy, relaxing day.
we started with a really yummy meal.
meatballs,  brown sugar green beans, jello salad, texas potatoes, rolls, & sweet tea. 
david brought the cabinets he built for the living room. they are awesome.
i'm chomping at the bit to paint them so aj can set them up.
mom brought me a bunch of kindling for our wood burning stove.
that is my new favorite thing.
i have decided i must have a real wood fire place for the rest of time.
we had a fun time opening presents.
it's always fun to watch the boys' reaction to gifts.
they make christmas so fun.
avery & fin gave (and translated) their special cards they made for them.
in the afternoon sawyer went down for his nap, the big boys were entertained with their new toys and aj and i were able to sneak a nap in. 
it was wonderful.
it was so cozy with the fire going & the christmas lights glowing.
i pulled the camera off the table and took a picture of my view right where i was laying.
i  wanted to capture this perfect, relaxing moment.
it was a wonderful, peaceful day.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Sara,

    It was your post of the the Messiah being sung at the Mall that really got me into the season - and now this post, so warm, so Christmassy, and the shot with the kids with your mom and her husband - perfect. Amid everything else that Christmas was this year - it was also a Christmas book-ended by your posts.

    Thank You.

    God Bless you and all of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a glorious day! I can't wait to see what color you are painting those cupboards. I have a serious lack of storage in this house and we just started talking about having some custom built~ how lucky you are to know someone who can do it for you!

    I didn't see it on your blog but another commenter said you had that video of the people singing at the mall. That one made me cry and laugh at the same time. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok I didnt check the link but if those were the meatballs from Meg's blog they are YUMMO!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)