Tuesday, December 7, 2010

i'm a sentimental girl.

this is now.
why do we have so much stuff??
 and why do i have 912 boxes of decorative items?

well moving day was a busy, crazy blur.
we were up at 6am.
worked like crazy all day and fell into bed exhausted at 9.

we were so blessed by amazing friends, they are family really, who gave up an entire saturday to serve us.
it was very humbling, actually.
i don't like to ask for help.
i hate to bother anyone.
but we needed them.
and they worked hard all day to help us get moved.

and they put up with my husband's crazy antics.
yes, aj drove beverly-hillbillies-style down the road with our entire swing set and anything else he could tie down on the trailer.
no, he could not be bothered to take the swing set apart.
 yes, there is a stroller hanging off the back.

i really thought i was pretty good at throwing stuff away.
on saturday i felt like a big ol' hoarder.
my friends erin & ashley kept telling  asking me if i really needed to keep certain things.

if i think i can spray paint it or make a craft out of it, i will keep it.
i realize i  have a problem where decorative items are concerned.
i now have a giganto pile for our next yard sale in the spring.
so yay me.

on sunday night we took the boys to say goodbye to our house.
it was sad.
that feels like home to us.
the new house still doesn't feel like home.
and none of us are good at change.

well, sawyer was fine, he was just happy to have an empty house to run around in.
but the rest of us were crying.
we walked through each room and talked about memories we'd made there.


so now i'm trying desperately to get settled and make this place feel like ours.
we have what seems like a never-ending list of projects to get this place functioning for us.
it's going to be a good house and i know before long it will be home.

and p.s. i don't ever want to move again.
that is all. Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Love how he loaded the trailer! Do you want me to come over for a couple of hours on Thursday? We can get a corner of a room done, or I can just do anything you need. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you! We have been in SC now for a little over a month and I am still unpacking and organizing. I wish I would have gotten rid of more toys before we left. I just don't remember having so much stuff! I have just decided to take one day at a time and to try and stay focused on what is in front of me at any given moment. You will accomplish your goals, I promise. I will be thinking about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever want to get rid of crafting stuff, definitely invite me to that yard sale - my husband won't be happy but I will and therefore he in the end will be happy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saying goodbye to your old home – like a friend.

    In ancient Roman days, when the victorious general returned from battle, he entered Rome upon a chariot, followed by a procession. Maybe your hubs was the conquering general, and not Granny Clampett no?

    God Bless you and your family in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had to move, well seriously move, going to college doesn't count. I can't imagine how hard it must be. I guess the bright side of things is that you can set up your new digs in a special way. The way you wanted your old house to be. Have fun getting it done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving IS hard! But as you well know...its the family that makes the home, not the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally hear you. I have moved five times in the last twelve years and when I said this time was the last one, my son responded with "Didn't you say that last time?" It's amazing how quickly you can accumulate stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sad for you. I am not good with change either. I would have been crying too.

    Do you think your new occupants would care if you broke in every once in a while and just hung in the living room?...surely not. : )

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)