Friday, March 5, 2010

be prepared to sob your makeup off

i watched these videos today for the first time.
i linked there from this blog:  http://joiningthejourney.blogspot.com/2010/02/guest-post.html
i just sobbed & shook so hard i didn't know what to do with myself.
i just kept crying out "what do i do? what do i do???"
i do know that nothing in my cushy life is as important as doing something about babies who are starving. to. death. 
it is not right and i am ashamed at myself for not doing more.
it is not right that there are 147 million orphans and the God of the Universe looks down and says that the religion He accepts as pure and faultless is to look after the ophan & widow in their time of need (james 1:27).
what is my religion worth if i'm not helping the helpless???





For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in.  (matthew 25:35)

i would love to hear what you are doing.  i want to dialogue about ways we can be God's hands & feet.  i want to know what in the world i can do.  i want to act.  Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know there is a follow-up to their story. I saw the first video a few months ago, and it ruined me.

    I'm running off to get Jackson from school right now, but I'll be back to watch it and share some thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sara-
    i follow you and our family via Mel's blog from time to time. Your kids are beautiful! Jeremy works for the organization and shot the footage of sam and esther. he went to uganda 3 times about a two years ago. beautiful story and Village2Village is an amazing organization. Glad you found their story. Jen seifert

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Lord,No...I can't even bare to watch. It absolutely breaks my heart. I am sobbing. I am so overwhelmed a the need and my desire to help. Oh Lord...please give us wisdom to know what to do. How to help. To not let these images be able to leave our minds. Let us not be able to go back to our normal spoiled self-centered lives and put this on the back burner...only doing a little. Lord give us specific things that we can do...please. I pray this in Jesus Christ's merciful powerful name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara, I watched the first video several months ago when we were in the middle of our adoption process. (Before we got pregnant.) It is the most difficult thing I've ever watched. I'm glad to see the follow up video and I love hearing the man say, "Hope is not dead."

    Chad and I are involved with a non profit organization called Lahash, that Dan Holcomb (did you know him at JBU?) started several years ago. Lahash.net is the website. They partner with believers in five different East African countries, helping the vulnerable. Chad and I had the opportunity of going to Sudan and Uganda with Dan in 2003, and we've never been the same since. We hope to take our kids someday when they are older.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)