Friday, March 12, 2010

my thoughts, in lengthy bullet points

  •  I've been in the Spring Cleaning Mode the last few days. I love to organize...it is actually fun for me. I'm not however, great at keeping things organized. So Sawyer's closet had gotten out. of. hand. And under the boys' bed was also a frightening collection of random lego pieces, dust bunnies, pieces of avery's "projects", rocks (don't ask), marbles, etc. I have been feeling overwhelmed lately by my lack of time to do anything more than keep my head above water. I kept telling myself to take a deep breath and just tackle one thing at a time. Which is hard for me because I want everything done. right. now. Yesterday, on my one morning (2 hours) a week with no children,  I decided to come straight home and tackle something.  So I got busy on Sawyer's room.  I worked hard and fast and got it done.  I organized his whole closet, got out all of his next size up clothes and cleaned the room.  I even had time for cleaning up the kitchen and bathroom and a little vacuuming.  That felt so good. In the afternoon while Saw napped, Fin & I worked on his room.  That was an even bigger job but feels so good to have it done.  I threw a trash bag of junk away and filled another box with stuff for Potter's House.  That always gets me just plain giddy.  I love getting rid of stuff we don't use or need.   Now I just need to find time to tackle the laundry room, my car, the office, the garage.

  •  Sawyer (who is 1, by the way) has 12 pairs of shoes . . . that fit him right now. Ridiculous, I know. I am ashamed of myself. But, in my defense only one of those pairs are new and they were a gift. Most of them are hand-me-downs from Avery & Fin and 2 were bought from Rhea Lana's. Still, when I realized that I needed a big ol' plastic bin to hold all of my babies shoes, I just shook my head. No child should have that many shoes. 

  •   I'm not enjoying these dreary, cloudy, cold days.   Spring weather, you are such a tease.

  • We have been dealing with a big spiritual battle  in our home lately and it is not fun.  But we are learning to fight.  We are learning even more what it is to look beyond the thin veil of this world.  Trials are a blessing because we are drawn nearer to our Helper.  

  •   Sawyer is a busy little bee.  I love that sweet little, arms-in-the-air tottle.  

bye bye Sawyer, have a nice walk, see ya later!




  Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Henry has one pair of shoes that fit him. Okay, two if you count a pair of Crocs I picked up at Rhea Lana. That boy has the fattest feet I've ever seen. Ellen calls them potatoes with toes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring cleaning bug. It's bitten. I just went through all my shoes and my husband's shoes...loaded a big bag for goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you friend!! Keep it up!! No winter lasts forever...I keep telling myself that....It snowed here yesterday!! Spring cleaning...must do!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)