Monday, December 12, 2011

hot fudge sauce and a family gift idea


this is the time of year that my kitchen turns into santa's workshop.
i love making christmas treats to give out as gifts.

last year i made chocolate covered peanut butter crackers. yum.
the boys and i make these pretzel kisses every year.
i used to always make peppermint bark or big ol' pretzel sticks dipped in chocolate & sprinkles.

this year, it's hot fudge sauce.
i got the idea from my friend, erin, who always makes them for her kids' teachers.

i used my mother-in-law's recipe & packaged it into small glass jars.


she gave me the awesome tip of pouring it in the jar right when it's hot, then put the lid on tight and it will seal itself. 
it totally worked. 


i downloaded the free circus font for the tags and printed them on some scrapbook paper i had in my stash.

i got another brill idea off, you guessed it, pinterest.




here's my version....


ice cream cones or bowls, hot fudge sauce, and several different fun toppings, packaged into little bags.
for basket filler, i fed some craft paper through my paper shredder. 


and a boxed version....



 i think this is a great gift for a family...i know my boys would be pumped to receive something like this.
just a simple little gift to say merry christmas. :)



*pam's hot fudge*

2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
12 oz. can evap milk.

heat to boiling & continue to stir until it's thick and smooth.

add a stick o' butter & 1 Tbs. vanilla.
stir still smooth.
pour into jars.

i did a double batch and it made 7, 8oz. jars.

pam's tip . . . for a single batch use a 3qt pot so it doesn't boil over your pan.
bigger batch...bigger pot. you get it.



Pin It

14 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! I think I will package up some of Pam's hot fudge and give it to my kids' teachers, they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teacher gifts!! Love this idea! Now I need to get to the store :) and get busy with it. Thanks~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. I will be pinning this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that on Pinterest too- your version turned out great! I love how you added the homemade hot fudge sauce...I think I just may have to copy :)

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great idea. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *LOVE* this!!!! I think this would make a great Teacher gift for my daughter to give to her teacher!! =) Thanks for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ice cream is my favorite-peace love and sprinkles and double scoops all around! adore this idea-thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea. I pinned this. I am thinking this would be a great gift for the little ones! Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make everything beautiful! Even a box of food! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm back
    Questions (potentially dumb)

    1. those are 8oz jars correct?
    2. did you use any special technique to pour the deliciousness into the jars?
    3. any tips for re-heating?

    thanks again times a million-visions of hot fudge are now dancing in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm back
    Questions (potentially dumb)

    1. those are 8oz jars correct?
    2. did you use any special technique to pour the deliciousness into the jars?
    3. any tips for re-heating?

    thanks again times a million-visions of hot fudge are now dancing in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ok i can read-you say 8oz jar so one more silly question should this be kept in the fridge? thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)