Monday, December 5, 2011

weekend recap

is your life insane right now?
or is it just me?

it actually could be crazier...last year certainly was......what with moving at this time and all.
so glad we're not doing that right now.
i think it just feels so crazy because there's a bunch of stuff on my calendar and i have bought like zero christmas presents.
and i am so unorganized....i need to make a list for goodness sake.

soooo we had a good weekend.
we really enjoyed it...but it was really full so it kinda flew by.

friday night i got to eat and craft with some of my favorite girls.

avery went to a birthday party....he spent about an hour working on the card.
so sweet.
he had to get the football just perfect.


saturday morning our little family went to ride on the santa train.
sawyer had never ridden the big train so we were really excited to see his reaction.
he did not disappoint....he loved it.


i actually love riding the train.
santa and mrs. claus come down the aisle and greet the kids and you get to sing christmas carols as you roll down the tracks.
very polar expressy.

the train whistle was a bit loud for ms. ruby.



she did great and she had everyone oohing and aahing over her. :)

we ate lunch on sam's club samples and then had a date night that night.

on sunday afternoon i made these reindeer cookies for my potter's house girls.


i got the idea off pinterest and changed it up just a bit.
i used a gingerbread cookie mix.
while they were still warm from the oven, i added chocolate covered pretzels, red m&m's and mini reeces pieces.
most of the girls weren't fans of the gingerbread, but our family loves them.

i am having to exercise some serious restraint to keep from eating the whole tub.
i also wrapped little smokies in crescent rolls for their snack.
those were gone in about 5 minutes.



so am i the only person in the free world not doing elf on the shelf?
i thought so.

okay....better go get something, anything accomplished.

stay warm friends....as my husband would say, it's colder than a witch's personality.... ;)



Pin It

8 comments:

  1. haha i didn't even know what elf on the shelf was. i kept seeing it on pinterest and had to google it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooo love the reindeer cookies you made! I'm going to have to try making them with my daughter, she would love them! And you aren't the only one that's not doing the elf on the shelf. We aren't either...and I thought my family was the only ones that weren't! Merry Christmas to you and your family! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I also have pinned those reindeer cookies on pinterest. Yours turned out really cute! I'm inspired to make some for a little church shindig we have coming up this weekend.

    2. We don't do Elf on the Shelf either. Definitely the minority.

    3. That picture of Ruby is too cute. She is such a doll baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that I don't have a clue what "elf on the shelf" means...I feel so sheltered in a good way. Ruby is such a looker in red. any color, but especially red.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to make those cookies! And Ruby is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just heard about the elf this weekend. Kinda creeps me out...seriously. Only Jesus should be watching us that much! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No Elf on the Shelf at our house either. The train ride looks like a lot of fun! I need to look into that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're not alone. I don't do elf on the shelf either.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)