Tuesday, July 12, 2011

reminiscing . . .

i have a bunch of things on my to-do list.
as always.
however, all that i want to do is lay down and take a nap.
even though i laid around for a good portion of the morning.
so instead of doing anything productive, i started looking through photos from last summer.
just wondering what we were doing a year ago today.

they are bitter sweet.
such precious memories....but sad that time flies so fast and my boys have changed so much.

a year ago we had meliyah staying with us. . .


i think i took at least 200 pictures of those kids sitting on that front porch, eating popsicles.
it was a daily routine.
that's how we kept cool last summer.
and oh how i miss those sweet baby rompers.

we had a different version of the pool.



it worked and they had fun.
and we don't take having a big ol' built in pool for granted. . . at all.


oh that sweet baby grin. sigh.

and 2 years before that . . .


a not even one year old sawyer in an even smaller pool.


i forgot how fat & squishy he was!


and wow, avery and finley seemed so big at the time.
they were peanuts!


so thankful for pictures that are chock full of memories.

so thankful to have a life full of so much love and joy.  Pin It

2 comments:

  1. It is bittersweet, isn't it? I love looking at old pictures but part of me gets really sad too. That is also why I think we'll end up having about 25 kids. I just don't think I could ever say no more babies (at least not until the grandbabies started coming...)

    P.S. Sawyer was one of the cutest babies ever! I just want to squeeze him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such sweet pictures.....love that little pool/slide idea...i'm sure the kids didn't even care that the pool was so small...having that slide with the pool made it so much more fun.
    have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)