Wednesday, July 6, 2011

living room chairs.....at last.

if you read my blog you know that i have been looking for living room chairs for a while now...like since we moved in . . . in december.

i wanted some cool, comfy chairs that didn't cost too much.
the cheapest new chairs that i like are around 300 each.
i really didn't want to spend that much, especially since i like to redecorate often.
so i have been trolling craig's list for months.

finally, on one glorious day, i found them.


come to mama.
when i saw that little grainy craig's list picture, i could only hope they were all that i dreamed of.
i met the lady at her storage unit {same lady that i bought the shoe trunk from}.
i could not believe what great shape they were in.
the woman was selling her mother's estate.
she said these had been in her front room that they called, "the museum" and all the furniture had plastic over it. . . which is why these were in such good condition after all these years.
they are from 1968 and were recovered in 1990.


and they were $75 each.  woo. hoo.


i brought them home and painted the legs.




i painted them rushing river by sherwin williams {color matched at lowes}.



i loved these chairs before, but i am in love with these chairs now.


i big puffy heart love the tufting on the back cushion.



i know i shouldn't be so giddy over chairs, but they are just perfect.
they have loads of character, they're super comfy and they were such a good deal.

once again, it pays off to be patient and wait for the right thing. :)



Pin It

16 comments:

  1. oh my goodness... these are to die for!! LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last comment was from me . . . not my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Craigslist success stories like this! They are beauties!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the color and they will look great with the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love!
    Those look SO great!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Those chairs are adorable!! I love it when patience and waiting pays off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. GET OUT. Those are completely FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love them too...very very very nice. whata great find.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a right to be giddy--those chairs are amazing! I'm trying not to be jealous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. we went and looked at furniture tonight. I saw your chairs for $800 a piece. new of course...so you're not even paying for a good story. So you found the mega of all deals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. New to your blog! Great chairs! Gorgeous! LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. Craigslist! Do you mind if I add you to my blogroll?

    ReplyDelete
  13. jamie, of course! thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I covet your chairs. Stop making me sin.

    Seriously, though~ a.maz.ing! Love love love them. I'm rethinking my fear of Craiglist weirdies now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those chairs are absolutely to.DIE.FOR! What a great find. The color is perfect, and I'm with you - the tufting on the back is fantastic.

    - Mandi
    www.lifeinbeta.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR BEAUTIES LIKE THESE TOO!!! Great find :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)