Thursday, July 15, 2010

i have a dress up doll

i have to stop our regularly scheduled programming of my super-duper-exciting vacation posts to show you this adorableness:


meliyah is staying at our house for a few days and doing lots of what we do.
swimming, digging, running, frolicking, playing, playing, playing.

well last night after all 3 boys and her had a big time in the sand box, i realized we had a situation with her hair.
there was sand all up in it and it was not gonna come out with just a little shake shake.

so i called my friend erin  and told her we had a hair emergency. 

so she came over with a bag full of product and we got to work.



please ignore how scuzzy i look. 
distract yourself with how pretty erin looks.

we took all of her braids out and washed, washed, washed & condition, condition, conditioned it.

she mostly was not a fan of this process.
i think she was mostly just unsure of what was happening and is just generally afraid of new situations.


we just kept assuring her & telling her how pretty it was gonna look.
and aj brought her candy. ;)



erin worked all kinds of products into her hair and got it all picked out.
it is so soft now and surely that feels better than all those tight braids.
she was happy once it was over.
now refer back to that first picture....i had to tie a big ole' ribbon around her head to see how cute it would look. 


this morning we played dress up.
i probably had her try on 5 different outfits.
and she was happy to oblige.

i told her to make a pose and this is what she did. ;)
I think she was trying to think of what I meant by "pose" and when the boys pose they always do muscle men, so I guess that's what she was trying to do.

so cute, she is. Pin It

7 comments:

  1. how can you stand it? and I love her muscles pose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G. She is beautiful, and I think it's awesome that you guys had to figure out how to deal with the sand in her little tight braids! What a good friend Erin is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a little girl so I know what C.U.T.E is, and Maliyah is C.U.T.E!!! :-) I love reading your posts, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful girl! i have a daughter now..i was so shocked (we didn't find out the gender). cute bow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's such a gem. Hope your week turned out great - I prayed ya through it. Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, she is such a cutie!! :o) And what a sweet little pose!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)