Friday, July 9, 2010

a quick DIY

So, I haven't even begun to look through all our vacation pictures. 
It's just been me and Sawyer this week.
I thought I would have a bunch of extra time this week with the big boys at Grandpa & Grandma's, but no.
A one year old by himself is much more work than a one year old entertained by his big brothers.
This week has reminded me of when it was just me and little Avery.
Those were sweet times. . . but often lonely and very exhausting. 

I've been glad to have this week to focus on Sawyer, but now I'm ready to have my Avery & Finley back. 
Hopefully I'll get back in a routine soon.  Right now I feel so out of whack.

And I'm leaving today for girl's weekend so it's gonna be all AJ this weekend.
He is super-dad so he'll do great.  

Just so I'm not leaving you with nothing, I thought I'd show you a few pics of a recent yard sale find.

I just happened to be driving by a warehouse sale and found this cool picture & frame for 4 bucks.

$4 is actually a little more than I would like to spend on a framed picture at a yard sale, but everything else was priced really high so it made this seem like a better deal. ;)

plus I loved that scrolly frame and i justified it by the fact that it would probably be $10 at the thrift store.

i spray painted the frame with whatever i found in my garage.
you always need a good helper when spray painting.

not to worry, i moved him out of the way before i started spraying.

and here it is with a fresh coat of paint.
I love the details on the frame.
and just to keep it real, let's pan back.
someone needs to pick up her laundry room.
this was super duper easy and quick.
i love the yellows & blues in the mums.
i may eventually take the picture out & just use the empty frame.

i really need to stay away from yard sales from now on.
we are trying to sell our house and move for goodness sake.
stop buying stuff sara!! Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Nice frame, I agree. It reminds me of our bathroom mirror; it was a huge fake-gold framed one, and when we painted the cabinets white, I spray painted the frame glossy white too. It looks awesome. I actually learned that trick from the blog Freckles Chick. Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It sure looks great! I love those big chunky ornate frames. Sorry for all the adjectives. :o)
    Have a great weekend!
    Sincerely ~ Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wholeheartedly support this purchase and diy. Makes the painting look cool, not old. And you're not adding more stuff, you're STAGING...right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, the painting reminds me of something in my grandma's house (that is a compliment, btw, she had FAB taste!)

    Are your big boys back yet? I dropped O off today, I'm sad :o(

    ReplyDelete
  5. But the stuff you buy is SO great! Okay, so if I send you some cash, would you buy things for ME?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Someone actually donated a frame similar to this to our adoption yard sale that I decided to keep and refinish...but lets face it...its still sitting in the "to do" pile. Sooner or later summer will calm down adn I'll get to it...or maybe I'll get off my butt and do it today ;)
    Loved teh reality check with the laundry room too....so me! =)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)