Friday, July 30, 2010

this and that.


this picture makes me happy. . . in so many ways.
finding my sweet baby boy enjoying a book, the fact that he climbed up on that bench by himself to look at a book, an arm full of silly bands that he swiped from his brothers, the hand me down overalls that he picked out to wear even though i had picked something else out. . .  happy. :)

***********************************************************************************

i really really love summer.
i love the feeling of walking out of a chilly wal-mart and feeling the rush of sunny-hot wind wash over me.
i am happiest with the hot sun on my face.

***********************************************************************************
i love thai food.
the boys and i met aj for lunch today at a local thai place.
i asked the waitress what was that orange drink everyone was drinking.
she said "thai tea" so i said, i'd like to try it.
oh my mercy, it was so stinkin' good.
it was like sweet tea mixed with a little coffee mixed with milk or cream or something lovely.
i don't know why it was so orange but it was so good.
who wants to give me a recipe for it??? :)

***********************************************************************************
my friend, carrie (who gave us that awesome cookie recipe) designed t-shirts to raise money for their adoption.
they have a sweet baby girl in africa and are on the wait list to bring her home.

she is selling the t-shirts on her blog and this is a great way to do our part to love on orphans (james 1:27). in buying one of these shirts, you are helping bring a sweet little girl to her forever home.

from carrie's blog:
The front of the shirt has the words forever, family, love, and zehlahlum which is amharic for "forever". The back has the verse "I will not leave you as orphans- I will come to you" John 14:1.

you can chose brown or gray.

i have the gray one. the cotton is really soft, fyi.

and this is what it looks like when a 7 year old takes a picture of you, a little fuzzy, but i wanted you to get an idea of how the shirt looks on.



************************************************************************************
last but totally not least, I want to wish a very happy birthday to my sweet step-mama. 
i can't wait to celebrate with you on Sunday! 
 ************************************************************************************
okay friends, have a great weekend! I sure intend to.
i've got a hot date tomorrow night. :) Pin It

4 comments:

  1. i'm glad you're enjoying summer! that pic of sawyer reading is too cute :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmm....Now you will see why it tastes so good.

    6 cups water
    1 cup Thai tea
    3/4 cup sugar
    6 tablespoons cream
    6 tablespoons condensed milk
    Directions
    In a kettle, bring the water to a boil. Place the tea in a teapot or glass container. Pour the water over the tea and let steep until bright orange in color, 3 to 5 minutes. Strain into a clean container, such as a pitcher (or, if in tea bags, remove the bags). Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Let cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

    Fill 6 tall glasses with crushed ice and add tea to 3/4 full. Add 1 tablespoon cream and 1 tablespoon condensed milk to each glass.

    Serve with iced-tea spoon so guests can swirl the mixture themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I love Thai tea, too! We recently went to Lanna Thai (Tulsa) and I convinced everyone at the table to get some. Delicious! I think the secret is the really strong tea that they begin with. I wonder where you can buy that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look hot in that shirt! Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)