Thursday, July 1, 2010

where the magic happens

i've been taking pictures of our home for potential buyers.
in looking through the pictures i realized i've never really shown our bedroom on the blog.
and because i'm so sentimental, i want to document the way things are right now.

so here is our master bedroom.
come on in.
pretty simple.
very cozy.
no t.v.
and every thing in this room was acquired on a budget.
but you already knew that.

i love our walnut sleigh bed.
it's from big lots.

the blue/brown blanket is from target.
the floral sham is from the thrift store (it was new in the package)
you can't really tell but the blanket at the foot of our bed is super pretty, with a nubby texture to it.
it's old & from salvation army.
i've seen them on ebay for hundreds. i paid $7 i think.

the night stands were from hobby lobby.  one was 50% off and one was even more off because it had a nick in the wood that i colored in with a wood marker.
the lamps are from wal-mart.

the art piece over our bed is some fabric that i stapled around a piece of peg board we had lying around in our garage.

the curtains are pier 1 but i got them at Big Lots.

you also can't see it well but our dresser was a wedding gift from aj's uncle.
it was oak with brass handles.
i stained it walnut and replaced the brass with metal bin pulls.

so there's a little glimpse at our haven from the world. . . when the monitors are turned off. Pin It

5 comments:

  1. You got your sleigh bed from Big Lots?! Recently?! I have always dreamed of having one but it has never been in the budget. I think I would pass out to find one there.

    Your bedroom is lovely. Mine is blues and browns, too - except brown is the accent, not the main color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decorate our master bedroom with laundry. Sometimes I throw it on the bed...then I "re-decorate" by piling it up on the floor.....(I knew you would like this tip since you are really in to using things you already have) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. want to come here and decorate my house on a budget? i could really use some help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room is so nice! :o)
    I know you are in the middle of getting a move ready, but I have around 10 posters (all laminated) that I used while homeschooling our children. I home schooled for over 10 years. :o) I would love to mail them to you, if you are interested. A few are on character building and others are on Biblical topics, plus one is a geographical picture that labels each item.
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Oops I almost forgot, my chalk board is up! :o) I posted the other day.
    Happy 4th of July.
    Sincerely ~ Trish

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)