Friday, August 13, 2010

typical.

this morning while i was waiting for avery to get out of piano, i followed yard sale signs as i often do.
i found this cool empty frame for 30 cents.
weird price huh?
either way, 3 shiny dimes later and that bad boy was mine.
while the boys were eating lunch i quickly gave it three coats of glossy white spray paint.
i would have loved a really bright color, but white is what i had.

then during nap i decided to grab some scrap fabric and staple it on.
then i turned it over.
well shoot.
so i thought maybe i could just prop it against the wall behind some other things and still use it...it was just too cute to lose.
i tried.
oh fine.
do you love how i'm documenting every detail of this lame project?
i threw the whole thing in the trash obviously.
but i had all the stuff out and i remembered another empty frame i had laying around.
so i quick grabbed it & stapled some more fabric to the back of it.
is anyone still reading?
anyone?

crickets chirping. . .


i just threw it up on the shelf in our office.  i like it. 
it may not stay there, but that was a fun little 5 minute project.

and just for kicks, let's pan down. . .
niiiiiiiiicccce.
yes i'm watching so you think you can dance.
stop judging me.
you'd think i'd at least clean up that mess of papers while i'm watching.
one would think. Pin It

10 comments:

  1. I just had the best little laugh, sorta at your expense, but more so, cause I've been there. We've all been there. All excited about a little project that turns out stinky. Nice save though...can't pass up using that cherry fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh SHOOT! That had to be one of the cutest frames I've seen! I don't know why I can't ever find things like that. :( Maybe b/c I don't really stop at yard sales a lot. I'm working on it....
    Thanks for the inspiration though....I really SHOULD get outside and spray paint my frame while the weather still cooperates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I hate it when that happens. Thanks for keeping it real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who would sell that amazing frame for thirty cents? Fun find for you! Bummer that it broke. The fabric you used is really cute.
    And I totally got hooked on So You Think You Can Dance this season. It was fabulous! I enjoyed every week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. even with the crickets chirping ... i kept on reading ... smile!

    i can't tell you how many craft mishaps i have had. :o)

    have a great weekend.

    -trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you didn't totally throw the parts away...use some of those neat parts, a little hot glue and make some book ends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your funny! And you keep it real. You gotta love that or at least one would think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, stink!!! That was a really cute frame! I am feeling your pain. So sorry. :(

    No judgment on SYTYCD. I love it and totally live vicariously through them. In my mind I am an awesome dancer. ha!!! Where are you streaming it from?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post made me happy on several levels: I just bought a junker frame that I am painting and putting fabric in too but I've been putting it off because I'm afraid it will take too long. Five minutes you say? Okay, I'm doin' it! So You Think You Can Dance is my favorite show, no judgement here. AND my desk looks worse than yours. I like you Sarah girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)