Monday, August 23, 2010

blah.

tomorrow the boys start a new school year.
avery starts 2nd grade and finley starts kindergarten.

i don't even know how i feel about it right now.
i'm just exhausted and cranky and that's my overwhelming feeling for the moment.

i want to make tomorrow special for the boys.
i hope they forget what a crabby mommy i was tonight.

i need to figure out how in the world to get them to pick up their toys.
it's driving me crazy. i may lose my ever loving mind.
i feel like we've dealt with this for years.
if you get something out, when you're done, put. it. away.
i feel like i'm talking to the wall sometimes.
they don't pick up their toys, they make a gigantic mess of their room, and then they are devastated when i say they have to clean it up. every. single. day.

can i get a witness???
is this just me?

a cluttered house makes a cluttered mind....at least for me it does.
oh mercy,  i think i should just call it a night.

praise Jesus His mercies are new every morning.....i'm gonna need it.

on a lighter, less depressing note, here's my post from the night before avery started kindergarten.

  i promise i'll be back to myself tomorrow.
goodnight friends. Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! That is exactly how I felt today and then my accident prone 4 year old smashed her toe and all I could think was, "Aren't you going to clean up the mess under the table that I have asked you to clean up three times already?" Poor girl. Her toenail is blue and she's screaming and all I can think about is the constant messes. I think I need a break. Or a housekeeper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dealing with the exact same thing with my boys. I read this idea on another blog and I'm trying it out: Anything left out at night goes in the "penalty box" and they cannot get it back unless they do a chore to re-earn it. Or until I feel like giving it back. I warned them repeatedly today that this was going to happen, and they didn't believe me. So I just spent 30 minutes putting all their stuff in a timeout in the top of my closet. I figure that even if they don't care, there aren't any toys left for them to leave out. Eh, I'll let you know if it works. If nothing else, it felt good to shove it all in a box and march dramatically out of the room with it.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)