Tuesday, August 24, 2010

first day of school

2008 (avery), 2008 (finley) 

2009 (avery) , 2009 (finley)


Lamentations 3:22-23


 22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
       for his compassions never fail.
 23 They are new every morning;
       great is your faithfulness.

Praise the Lord for a new day and a great morning with my little family.

today is the big day.
it finally came.
we've been talking and talking about it.
somehow my avery is in second grade and my finley is in kindergarten.
it seems to have come fast and slow all at the same time.

i haven't gotten my bearings yet, but i am looking forward to some good structure and some focused attention on my boys.
in case you're new to my blog, my boys go to a university model school where they attend class 2 days a week and i home school them the other 3 days.
we love it. it's a great fit for our family.
home schooling is good for me because it forces me to sit down, look in my children's eyes and be intentional with them.
i can tend to be a busy body and not sit still and just be with them. .....always trying to multi-task.

the boys were excited/nervous about the first day.
they were mostly excited about their new backpacks.

i am enjoying my quiet day with sawyer.
i have been praying for the boys all morning.
wondering how they're doing.
i'm excited to pick up them up and hear all about their first day. Pin It

5 comments:

  1. love me some ums...we are having a great home school day today. what a blessing to your family! have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I used to be a teacher and I had never heard of this teaching style before. I clicked through the website and it looks SO neat! What a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure they did great! You'll have to keep us updated. I love their little uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, aren't they handsome?! you really know how to make a uniform look snazzy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason this made me cry. Probably cause Finley going to school means Micah is right behind him.
    So thankful you had a great first day - I knew you would. I hope the boys loved it.
    Talk to you tomorrow.
    Mel

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)