Tuesday, May 11, 2010

now, don't freak out.

mom, you may want to sit down for this one.





okay, nice deep breaths . . .
in through the nose, out through the mouth. . .

it's gonna be okay, i'll walk you through it.

the nervous/excited before smile. . .

the laid-back, no big deal, i'm used to having a needle stuck in my wrist repeatedly smile. . .

how i really felt . . .
ouch.  okay so that doesn't feel great.

my friend erin was with me for moral support. . .
and to document the whole thing in pictures....
and to comply with my demands to tell me stories or dance or do whatever to distract me.
it really wasn't that bad and travis the tattoo guy said i took it like a champ.
so there you go, i'm a tough chic.

yay, it's done!

now the story. . .

so, i've been wanting a tattoo for while.  i wanted to be 'marked' for my Jesus.
i've been praying about it for the past few months.
a permanent mark is definitely not something i would go about lightly.


aj and i talked about it a lot.
i wanted it on my wrist as my constant reminder of my first love.
 my God who redeemed my life and gave me a new life. 
He is all that matters after all.

the morning of the tattoo i was praying again and asking the Lord to give me unrest in my spirit if this was not of Him. 
i wasn't looking for a specific verse, i was just reading my Bible and writing out my verse for my scripture memory group.
the verse happened to be Deuteronomy 6:4-9
"5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Bind them as a sign on your hand and let them be a symbol on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. "


when i read this part: "bind them as a sign on your hand," i knew it was the Lord giving me His blessing. i felt peace.

i have a new urgency to live worthy of His name.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to You, LORD, my rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14 Pin It

13 comments:

  1. I am SO inspired!!! I would LOVE to get something like that tattooed on my wrist!! Sadly though, I'm a chicken and work in an office that is far too conservative.

    I really love the words and font that you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,
    It looks really good.
    Way to document the big event!
    Love, jka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only you could make a tattoo look that cute! I don't even want a tattoo, but even I feel a tad inspired after your post. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome! I like the way you look at getting a tattoo. I have one, but my mom has always given me grief about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so brave. I think I would have passed out before I even made it to the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love you and your heart, Sara! you do add a lot of spice to our family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did it! Yay... can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes. yes. love it. ready for my next one - May 29. now we are tat sistas

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOLY COW! HOLY COW! Amazing. I had no idea that was coming, but I think it's really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um, I'm pretty sure that meant you were supposed to get it on your forehead, lol. But seriously, cool tat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sara,

    It looks great! If you get a chance, let me know what place you used, it looks really nice and clean! Thanks, Catherine
    wilsonfamily22@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! You sure surprised me with this one :) It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAD to comment on this one. Your tattoo is beautiful, but the heart behind why is even better.

    Don't let anyone's legalism get you down, girl. We have freedom in our Jesus... to be filled with His grace and His wisdom and His peace. And freedom to worship Him in many ways. I see your tattoo as a form of worship. :)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)