Thursday, May 13, 2010

quick change

i wanted to give my giganto chalkboard a little character and depth.
here's a reminder of the teal frame:

it just looks a little too perfect for my taste.
 
i grabbed my trusty craft paint.

i used a dry brush (one of my boys' paintbrushes actually) and a paper towel and just kind of brushed it on and wiped it off willy nilly.

i did this while dinner was cooking.

it took me 3 1/2 minutes.

i can't decide if i like it.

part of me likes it and part of me thinks it looks like my kids rubbed their dirty hands all over it.

thoughts? yay or nay? it won't hurt my feelings if you hate it. ;) Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I like it! And I have three boys (7, 5 and 2), so I don't "like" anything that looks dirty. I think this just looks aged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I liked it better before. I loved the contrast between the chalkboard and the paint color. Now it blends more. Anyhow, YOU have to like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you!! wish we could sit and look at it together... though... I would be no help in making that kind of decision!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)