Wednesday, August 3, 2011

nursery progress

so baby girl's nursery is coming right along.
i'm antsy to have it done.

so i finally started sewing again after almost a year hiatus.
between moving and being pregnant...my sewing machine was collecting some serious dust.
i also think i got burnt out from all of the sewing i did when i was doing craft fairs. 

it's so fun to be back at it.
so i decided to attack a long-awaited project.

recovering an old chair.
okay so this isn't a great before picture...but you get the idea...


 brown. velour. old.


it's sat in the corner of our bedrooom for years.
we had it in my house growing up.

okay so here it is after i started pinning the white duck cloth on....you can see the brown velour color on the arms.



i used this tutorial from pink and polka dot as my guide.
i did it pretty quickly and pretty imperfectly.
i am sooooo not a perfectionist.
and i just wanted it done...i wasn't super concerned about it looking like a show room chair.
it really didn't take too long...again, because i wasn't being too picky.


i have to say, i really shouldn't quit my day job.
upholstering is not my hidden talent.  
but all in all, i'm happy with it, imperfections and all.
it will be a nice spot in the nursery to, well you know, nurse.

okay don't look too closely.....


a huge improvement on the original, i say. 

i also made that sweet little pillow...love that fabric.


it's reversable with a pink & white dotty flannel on the back.


i also recovered {again} the toybox lid.
the white just wasn't doing it for me...too, blah.

i picked up half a yard of hot pink gingham from hob lob for less than 2 bucks and it looks so much happier now. :)


my friend's mom also made me this super duper soft cover for our changing pad.


i also had her make a crib sheet out of that same bubble-gum pink minky fabric.

so that's the progress so far....it's getting there....

i've got more projects on the way...so stick with me. :) Pin It

5 comments:

  1. i think it looks great sara. yes, much nicer than that old brown color. great job. it's much better than anything i could've done. what i would've done, probably would've looked like something that should be placed outside for the garbage pickup. haha. have a good day.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed! The first, and only, chair I tried to recover is still sitting in my garage in pieces. It's been so long since I did it, it no longer matches the room and I would have to take it apart again before I could re-assemble it. Which basically means... it will never be finished.

    I'm in love with that fabric too! Glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look so far....can't wait to see the finished room =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Just wanted to let you know we featured your blog:) It is super cute!
    http://2momstalk.blogspot.com/2011/08/cute-conversions-see-how-our-fans.html

    PS.Your nursery looks adorable!!
    Have a good day!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks so amazing. And I think you're amazing. I wish I was so crafty.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)