Friday, August 19, 2011

baby girl nursery reveal

welcome, welcome to baby girl's room!!
i'm so excited to finally show you her sweet, girly, & very pink room.



her room is ready to go . . .  all we need is our sweet little girl.


i love antique silver.
i picked up this little dish at the thrift store for 75 cents.
i already had the white metal basket & milk glass.


i found the little accordian peg rack at the thrift store {big surprise} for like a quarter.
i see these all. the. time. at thrift stores and yard sales.
it was ugly brown so i just gave it a few quick coats with the same watermelon paint that i used on the chandy
i thought it would be perfect thing for her plethora of headbands




i never throw away or get rid of pillows when i redecorate.
i always save them to be recovered. no need to spend money on pillow forms. 
i have a huge stack now, it's actually getting a little out of control.
i definitely whittled down that stack recovering pillows for the nursery. 


pillows are so fun to make. :)



i made the flower using one of emily's flower tutorials


i've so enjoyed digging through my pile of fabric scraps to see what i could create for her room. 


her curtains are actually a vintage bed covering that i cut in half.
i found it at an antique store months ago and i knew immediately that it would be perfect for curtains.




i am so happy with her room.
no room in my house is ever totally finished . . . i will add or change as time goes by.
but for right now, it's ready for a sweet velvet-skinned baby girl to come home to. :)

if you'd like to read more about the progression of her nursery, i posted about her wall color, her girly chandelier,  recovering the chair, rehabbing the dresser, her wardrobe, her crib skirt, and the embroidery hoop wall art.



Pin It

22 comments:

  1. Love it! So cute! I just love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is perfect...fit for a Queen!
    Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh sara, the baby room is super cute! and I saw her little name embroidered which is equally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so cute! I love the curtains and that sweet little pillow on the bench. And, what a beautiful name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww, the room is so sweet. love all that pink! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks awesome! Love how everything turned out! AND I love her name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't tell you how happy I am that you are getting to experience a GIRL!!! You are going to be an awesome little girl mommy. And that name! Absolutely. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sara, it looks so beautiful!! i'm so excited for you guys :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know you had decided on a name! I love the nursery . . . can't wait to "meet" her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous!!! One more photo, please--close up of the art above the dresser. thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's DARLING! Love the fabric art above the crib...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love your blog. I just watch from a distance but I had to comment on how gorgeous this room is! Just lovely!

    Tarrah
    Www.themommyeffect.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful room! You are going to have so much fun with a girl! I have 3 boys and a girl as well and there's just something about a girl... I'm so, so, thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks so pretty! well done - i'm sure you'll both love spending time in there together.

    love the 'chocolate blue' frame too!! :)

    -h

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh, I love to see nurseries before the kiddo arrives. And everything looks like a bomb went off in it. lol

    Very adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this nursery! It's good to see a baby girl's room with tons on pink & very girly. It seems lately, people want to go the opposite route :/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous job, and I LOVE all the pink! The poufs are just perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your color combinations! What paint color did you use for the room?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sorry I can't get the "reply" button to work. I used "dolphin fin" by Behr.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)