Wednesday, March 2, 2011

just a day in the life. . .

we've had a pretty typical homeschool day today.
i have to be pretty creative to keep sawyer occupied and not distracting the big boys.
he kind of rotates around to activities.
one thing he does every homeschool day is 20 minutes of "play time" in his room.
i set the timer, put the baby gate up and give him some fruit snacks.
he does great.

so this morning.....
the timer rings, i head upstairs and on my way i'm faced with an overwhelming smell.
usually that means he's done his business for the day.
today it meant this....

diaper. cream.
seriously, i think the smell burned the inside of my nose.
he coated his legs.
front.
and back.
2 tubes.
covered his binky, clothes and a good part of the floor.

i asked him what he did and he brought the basket he dumped out to show me.
with a big grin, i might add.
it's possible i was sending a mixed message, what with the camera and all.
i put his greasy self in the bath and got to work on the carpet.
shortly thereafter avery comes in to tell me that sawyer is saying, "yucky poo poo" and has pottied in the bathtub.
well i guess it was due since he didn't do his business during playtime.

do you wanna know how many times i have dug poo out of bathwater in the 8 years i've been a mom?
no, you do not.

someone on facebook asked me what you do when that happens.
so....if you're a new mom.....
i put on some gloves {usually}, scoop out the you-know-what as quickly as i can and put it in the potty.
then i gather all the tub toys into a bowl to be run through the dishwasher.
that water gets hot...it will kill anything.
then i rinse out the tub, spray it down with bathroom cleaner and start the bath over.

i honestly don't even get phased by this stuff anymore.
it's just one antic after another around here.
keeps life exciting, that's for sure. :) Pin It

6 comments:

  1. haha im not going to lie but that was ssoo funny.and yes that stuff does smell bad. im not a mom but i have had my fare share of bros and sises. so yes thanx for the up date i love reading your blog. :) !
    (your anonymous friend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl don't I know it!
    Adelynn has pooped in the tub more than K ever did. I can't say it doesn't phase me, but it's definitely common around here. ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha!! We've only had one tub turd so far, and I think I've blocked it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I have so been there done that. Last week they had the flu and the Big D... that's even worse in the tub.

    I've just recently started doing the roomtime with the baby gate for my 22-month-old, and I'm *amazed* at how many things are in his room that he should not be playing with! I've hidden all the diaper wipes and ointments and lotions and that seems to be helping ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, sounds like my life! It's a challenge to keep my almost 2 year old occupied while I try to homeschool my 6 & 4 year old. I would love to get some more tips on that!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)