Monday, October 18, 2010

homemade pizza - you will thank me.

so sorry for my bloggy lameness last week.
i had to address the situation in my house.
the situation being that my house looked like a freight train drove through it.
it was bad bad bad.
but i got it under control, and all is well. :)

i realized i've never shared my pizza dough recipe on the blog.
[and by "my" i mean my mother-in-law's recipe.  she is an amazing cook]
i make homemade pizza every few weeks around here.
it's easy & i usually have all of the ingredients on hand.
and the boys love to help.
and if i am in a good enough mood and not about to lose my ever-lovin mind, then i let them help.

which is not super often.  :)

so here's what you need for the dough:
1 1/4 cups warm water
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. veg. oil or olive oil
1 packet of yeast or 1 1/2 ish Tbs. yeast.  [If you buy a jar of it, keep it in your freezer.]
3-4 cups flour (i tend to use 3 1/2 ish)

Mix all that together & knead (on a floured surface) for a short while.
let rest 10 min.

roll out onto 2 greased pans (actually i use a non-greased baking stone)
let rise for 10-15 minutes.

Top w/ toppings.
I use spaghetti sauce (Hunts, traditional, 98 cents/can)
mozz or italian cheese.
and whatever else you want on it.

Bake @ 450 for 15 minutes.

it's so YUM. trust me.

i realize that hamburger meat doesn't look super appetizing, but i promise it was so good. Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Yum we do home made pizza and Calzones all the time
    at our house too : )
    Having a giveaway so hope on over and get entered

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always make our pizza dough (well, not if we order Papa John's!) and it's very similar to your recipe (surprise!). But I don't measure anything anymore; I just have it memorized. Well, I do always measure 1 c warm water. ;-) Our three year old loves to help me mix the dough.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)