Saturday, October 30, 2010

about today,

we had a great family day today.
and i have no pictures to show you.
but i will tell you that i got to sleep in until like, 7:30.
so that rocked.
then i got to sit at the computer & read blogs and facebook while aj made orange pumpkin shaped pancakes because he rules like that.
then we started working on the garage.
then we went and looked at a few houses that are possibilites.
then we had lunch at chic fil a and made the boys' day.
then we came home & worked on the garage for most of the afternoon.
then we went on a walk to the park with the boys and finley nearly rode his bike into oncoming traffic.
and aj & i nearly had heart attacks...as well as random lady at the park.
then i said i didn't want to make anything for dinner so we hopped in the car & picked up pizza.
then we came home & had a picnic on our office floor with the boys and watched little house on the prairie.
we are starting from the beginning.
we're on season 1 episode 9.
the boys love it.
then boys to bed.
then hot chocolate.
then we watched friday night lights online.
then we went through a few more boxes.
i swear there are 492 boxes labeled "memory box" in our attic.
shoot me now.
i spent a good chunk of the day sitting on the garage floor, reading through old letters, since i had saved every card/letter ever written to me. 
even if it only said, "love, mom" or "your friend in christ, karen"
i gave myself permission to toss 89% of what was in those boxes.
all that reminiscing makes me feel weird.
and i still have more to go through.
but i'm maxed out for the day.



the end. Pin It

3 comments:

  1. But obviously, you won't get rid of the one that says "Your friend in Christ, Karen" because that's spesh-ul. :)

    I hate moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha to Karen's comment. I am the same way and finally realized I need to throw out things like post-it notes that said "I love you" even though it broke my heart to do so. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. karen, obviously. that goes without question. and i found some fantabulous pictures of you that may find their way to the retreat.... :) Krista--ummm, i have to make myself do that too!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)