Tuesday, October 19, 2010

i love junk.

i love to decorate my house with junk.
it's cheap & it has character.
i don't really like the look of houses that look like they walked into kirklands and bought out the store.
but to each his own. . . i digress. :)

i loved this idea from layla at the lettered cottage

last weekend we stopped by a road side tent sale and found, (much to my husband's disdain) this big ol', 4 foot wide, metal grid.
aj thinks it was probably a gate to something.
 we (and by we, i mean aj) hung it in our office with some hooks we had on hand.
i love it in all it's rusty goodness.
i look forward to filling it with pictures over time.



also at that tent sale i found this old rusty tool box.

i'm not sure what i'm going to put in it.
avery wants to use it as a money box or to sort his legos.
i'm thinking it's a teensy bit rusty for that.
i think it would be cute with some bright white towels folded up in it or candles or i don't know what.


 today i picked up this chunky pedestal at good will for 2 bucks.
 i love it on my mantel with this old window that i moved in from the office.
i think it's on a much better scale here than it was over the office sofa.


is it weird that my heart starts beating fast and i get all giddy when i see a yard sale sign?
my name is sara and i am addicted to cheap junk.



Pin It

9 comments:

  1. i LOVE the grid!!! Is the other one a mattress spring thingy? I love that, too! Brilliant! What I love is seeing Utility in what is otherwise being unused. And a utility that I've needed...like something to display pictures, kids art, etc! I am still scrolling thru the rolodex of ideas in my brain on that...thanks for adding a pretty decent contender!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your finds!!! That gate (?) is fabulous and will be so much fun to add to over time. :o)
    Have a great week.
    Sincerely - Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. you and me are almost the same person. seriously. LOVE seeing junk and being able to make beautiful things out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that metal grid for Christmas. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it all! Cute metal box and love the new mantle decor. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have such similar taste, my friend. I love everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heart junk also. I love your old window. I have two, also painted black.

    I'm totally with you on the Kirkland's thing! I think it shows lack of creativity when you walk into someone's living room and you just think, "buy this grouping for $2999!!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. That metal grid ROCKS!!!
    I love it!
    (And thanks for the shout out- you rule!)

    XO,
    Layla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds!! I wouldn't have thought to hang the grid like that. I am going to keep my eyes out for one for our mudroom :)

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)