Monday, October 25, 2010

titus task fun run & 5K/my boys are superstuds

it was the perfect weather.
much better than last year, what with the mittens and stocking hats and all.
not too hot, not too cold. perfect.
it was on aj's birthday actually.

 aj ran the 5K first.
he had been working on getting his time down.
there were fun activities for the kids to do while we waited.
it was very much family oriented.
and there was praise music.
yay.

it's always exciting to see aj coming to the finish line.
but this was more fun since it was a small race.
he won 1st in his age division. :)
after the 5K we all did the one mile fun run.
aj ran with avery, who was determined to win.
 avery is number 664.  do you see that determination on his face? :)
{sorry for that sub par picture quality, i got it from facebook}

i pushed sawyer in the stroller & chatted with friends.
finley ran ahead of me the entire time.

avery got 1st in his age division as well.  :)
he. was. pumped.

when aj & avery saw finley coming, they ran back to him and ran with him across the finish line.
very sweet.

after the race the boys got their faces painted.
they love themselves a face paint.
 they asked for razorbacks.
and that is what they got.
oh my.

then we walked down the street to the cutest little cafe ever and my camera battery died.
we ate lunch outside and it was lovely. Pin It

6 comments:

  1. 1. I am loving your new header! (at least, it's new to me...I don't see it in my reader) Very cute!

    2. Those razorback faces are THE best. Seriously. They look like real razorbacks!

    Love keeping up with your sweet family on your blog! Hello to A.J. for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun fall day! It looks simply delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! I miss being in Siloam. I bet you went to Cafe on Broadway. It is a wonderful little place to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was a great day and I loved reconnecting with you there! And you take some lovely photographs, Miss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haaa! I love the razorback faces!
    I am SO PROUD of all of your boys!!! I'll have to brag on Avery tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the whole family for participating and some winning their age group! Way to go. The razor back faces are absolutely precious! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)