Monday, July 25, 2011

a dresser for her.

we made some F-U-N progress on baby sister's room this weekend. 
it is so exciting to see it start coming together. . . all these visions i've had up in my head are starting to come to life.
the closer we get to baby girl's arrival, the  more excited we become.
29 days and counting!!!

last week i revamped her dresser.

do you remember what it looked like before?


i found it at a second-hand store for a really great price.
it was in perfect condition and really well built.
the drawers are made from cedar and are lined in this lovely vintage goodness:


i didn't prime because i knew i wanted to distress it, but i did give it a light sanding. 
i spent sawyer's naps painting it out with valspar's tropical spray {paint & primer in one}.
i spray painted the hardware with some ORB spray paint i had in the garage...trying to cut costs where i can. ;)

and here she is in her newly painted glory...




the second picture is reading a little more green than it really is...the lighting is really hard to get right in that room for some reason. 

this was a really easy project and i love how it turned out.
i've already started filling the drawers with little girly things. :)

i have another really fun project to show you tomorrow.
get excited. Pin It

10 comments:

  1. oooh. i LOVE it! the color is fabulous! nice work. (and super cute shoes in those drawers!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love it!!! It has such pretty lines and the paint job look super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out awesome! That's very similar to what I'm thinking if this baby is a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such a pretty dresser. i love it. wow--29 days to go, that is right around the corner...actually, you could have her at any time now, right? i think it is at 36 weeks it is ok to have the baby? have a good week.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that color and I love the light distressing and I love the hardware. You're amazing, Sara! I do not know how you still have that much energy 97% of the way through a pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love love love!
    I can't wait to see everything...and you! Let's play!
    We are home. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Congrats on the coming baby and the dresser! Just a quick question... you lightly sanded the dresser, spray painted it and distressed it, and that's it??? I have a bookcase I'm wanting to paint and I'm a little intimidated with all the steps involved, but I can handle two or three. Thanks for your input! Sarah S.
    ssteelman1 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you! What an awesome job, I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am excited for the new project! Thanks so much:)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)