Friday, January 10, 2014

instafriday ~ christmas edition

look at me doing instafriday!
i guess all this being cooped up inside with eleventy billion snow/ice days is good for something. :)

actually i have been amazed at how much i am getting done around the house lately with it being so crummy outside.

i have soooo many instagram pics, i just decided to go with the ones from Christmas.....in collage form.
because there are a lot. you're welcome. :)



okay, i guess these were right before christmas.

left to right, top to bottom:

1. a little mama carmen's coffee date with my big boys. making the most of our 3rd snow day in december..... which was a lot considering they only attend school twice a week.
2.  hot date with my main squeeze for our 13th anniversary.
3. having a big time with my saw buddy at potter's house christmas party.
4. christmas gifts for the wonderful teachers in our life. i had so much fun making these!
5. gorgeous anniversary flowers from pigmint...the best flowers. good job, baby. A+++
6. christmas parties for dayyyzzzzz.
7. my mom treated me to go see The Nutcracker by the russian ballet. amazzing. and male dancers have suuuper tight pants. just have to say it. i know i should be more mature about that, but seriously.
i did love it though, so festive and fun and we got to dress up. :)
8. family movie/picnic night watching the grinch. i love our cozy family nights.
9. same night...cozied up with my man in our super hawt sweatshirts.




1.  sweet smile...on our way to our first christmas get together. this 45 minute car drive felt like such a sigh of relief.  after an insane month, it felt so good to finally have the celebrations of christmas starting.  i felt like i had made it. 
2.  my little sister got ruby a crown. it was a hit. :) good job, hannah!
3. i have always loved this sweet vintage light up tree of my step mom's. such a sweet christmas memory.
4. my dad and step mom had the house looking so festive and fun for our get together. it was such a sweet night. i love spending time with family.
5. she let the boys drink red punch out of christmas mugs. so special and fun. :)
6. the night before christmas. AJ and i had everything ready to go by eleven. i felt super pumped about that!  it's always so fun to set everything out with him. we're both so excited. :)
7. christmas day was so fun with my sweet little family. they have precious happy hearts and were thrilled with everything.
8. sissy girl slept in so she opened her stocking after everyone else. we all had a bawl watching her open every little thing.
9. AJ and i have always just gotten each other stocking gifts. we usually both stretch the rules on what will actually fit inside a stocking, but this year he totally cheated! i am one blessed girl.




1. the day after christmas we headed out to kansas to AJ's parents. we always love going there. i was honestly so looking forward to the 5 1/2 hour car trip to just have some time to relax. i'm telling you, december was a marathon.
2. we immediately got to work relaxing.....in our matching tube socks. #hot
3. & 4.  the boys had a blast going on several four wheeler rides in the snow as well as getting to go snow-tubing!
5. we played so. many. dominoes. this was my favorite thing. playing games with grownups. eating yummy desserts and laughing and talking. our kids are all finally old enough to stay pretty entertained so we actually had more adult time than we've had in a few years. it was so nice.
6. ruby. because, ruby. :)
7. love birds. it took 5 shots to get this one of us looking semi-normal.
8. pam's made-from-scratch cherry pie. oh my word. it is amazzzzing.  with a hot cup of coffee. yes, please. i was living a dream and i didn't want it to end.
9. pam is so great about getting the kids involved with baking. the little ones were helping her make pizza. they love it and she is so patient with them.


and lastly i want to leave you with a little video of what we heard every single time we drove at night for all of the holiday season.
lucky for you, you can turn your volume down. ;)

"look mommy, lights! boys!"




happy weekend, y'all!

p.s. i'm itsgoodtobequeen if you want to find me on insta. :)


life rearranged


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. sara- I haven't commented on your blog for a while now--but, I have looked at it a lot...I just wanted to let you know that you have the sweetest family and everyone always looks so happy. you and your husband must be doing something right. enjoy 2014!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that ivory ceramic tree with the PINK LIGHTS!!!!!!!!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed till I had tears streaming down my face at the video. What got me was the "Hey!" How dare you all not respond immediately to the lights. Oh I love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)