Monday, September 1, 2008

I am THIRTY.

I am thirty and I have an amazing husband and amazing friends and amazing family. I have not wanted to turn 30 at all. That number just doesn't even look pretty to me. It doesn't feel like me. But it is me, b/c that's what I am. I am thirty and I better get used to it.
So, my wonderful husband, unbeknownst to me had been planning a 30th birthday party for me for the last month. That is just love, right there. I had NO IDEA. I was totally shocked. He worked so hard to make my birthday so special.
On friday night I thought we were going out on a date for my birthday, but when we got to the restaurant I was surprised with a bunch of my sweet friends...there to celebrate for me. It was so fun. My sweet friend Emily worked so hard to make it extra special. She got pretty brown and pink balloons, georgeous flowers and decorated the tables. She really helped AJ put the whole thing together. And she had dark chocolates on the table which are my favorite. I was so
shocked and it was perfect. It was so fun to laugh and talk and eat good food with good friends.

This is my confused face when I first walked in . . .

I basically kept putting my hands on my face b/c I was so surprised and trying to take it all in . . .

Aren't these such pretty flowers? These are the flowers Emily got me and were the centerpiece for the table. . .

Pretty much the whole weekend was a birthday weekend. On saturday we just relaxed and even watched 13 going on 30 in the afternoon. We went to the clothesline fair in the morning and got me a funnel cake and fresh squeezed lemonade. It was so nice...AJ kept saying "It's your birthday weekend." I don't think I've ever had a whole weekend for my birthday. In fact, it actually started on Wednesday when we went out with my mom and David for my first birthday meal and went all the way through Sunday lunch with my dad, step mom & little sister, Hannah. Anyhow, I told AJ I wouldn't hold him to this standard for other birthdays. :)
Sunday was my actual birthday. I woke up to my boys running in my room singing "happy birthday." That is a great way to wake up. AJ made me chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and got me new shoes. I love them.
Okay, I guess these pictures are out of order...this is my pretty cake on Friday night...
Sunday morning . ..

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sara! What a sweet husband you have. The decorations were so pretty! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

    Dave and I are right behind you on this turning 30 thing. Not sure what I think about it either.

    Your family is absolutely adorable! And you look great! Tell A.J. we said hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the perfect weekend for turning the big 3-0! We are sad to have missed out on the fun Friday night! Hope you felt very loved...because you are! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so bummed to miss your party!! Happy happy birthday...it looks like you had a wonderful weekend! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 30th!!!!! I hated turning 30 too....but it's not so bad!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Sara! Way to go AJ and Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 30th Sara! I dreaded turning thirty. It's taken me almost a year to get used to it. I'm glad you had such a special celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you got to have such a fun and long celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! YOu're so lucky that someone took pictures at your party! I don't have a single one of mine!

    And I really do think that this side of 30 is easier than the year leading up to it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for AJ and the birthday weekend!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday and we wish we could have been there to help celebrate, but we'll see you in a month! You look beautiful in that fabulous maternity shirt at Noodles!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey--how do you "remove" a comment from your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Sara! Fun surprise Party... Thoughtful AJ and friends... You look amazing too!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)