Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend - Kansas Style

We had a great time Kansas. AJ's sisters and their husbands and kids came as well. We have so much fun when we're all together. AJ's parents are building a house in town so this was our last time at their current house. It was bitter sweet. There are so many memories at that house. We tried to make the most of the time there. It turned out to be so wonderful. The weather was perfect. Everyone was healthy and happy...albeit a little sad. We'll make more memories at the new house. But, change is hard.

AJ and I were able to take a gator ride around their land. It brought back so many memories. We talked about the first time I visited Kansas with him. We remembered walking through the wheat field holding hands and AJ's dad standing on the back porch taking pictures. I was trying to wrap my mind around wheat fields and combines and custom harvesting.


We all visited the new house that is being built. It was fun to walk through and try to envision the end result. It's gonna be a great house and will have more room for all of us and the of grandchildren when we come to visit. AJ's parents love to entertain so it will be a blessing to be in town to do that.
The cousins had a B.L.A.S.T. together. They played so hard all weekend. I hardly even saw them.
The whole fam.
It's impossible to get us all smiling at once. I sure do love this little family. :)
Tonya and Jill and I went running together one morning. It is breathtaking to run by a field of wheat as far as your eye can see. Kansas is where I learned first hand the definition of "amber waves of grain."
Love this picture.
Avery is such a great big brother to Sawyer. He is crazy about him and loves to make him smile.
I think this is so sweet. AJ's mom is such a great Grandma. She loves her grandsons so much.
Grandpa working with Avery on his shot. Priceless.
The boys' most favorite thing is to take a gator ride. They got lots of rides this weekend. One morning, AJ's dad took them to the pond to feed the fish. Fun times indeed.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. How fun for you guys to all be together! I also have a special place in my heart for Kansas, since I was born there and spent my childhood visiting my grandparents in Kansas. The flatness there blows me away, but it's so beautiful! That's a great family picture that you guys got of everyone together. Your boys are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)