Thursday, May 28, 2009

Evolution of a Lamp

I'm in the process of redoing our office. We desperately needed a lamp in there so I've been searching at yard sales & thrift stores for the right one.
This one caught my eye and I knew it had potential. Good lines. Love the square shade.
It's not bad, right? But not the look I was after and that orange wood gives me a headache.

First step was to prime....L.O.V.E. spray primer. I did a couple thin coats of spray primer to the base. Avery felt the need to be in the picture.
Then I painted it black with some paint I already had. Lookin' good. Then I dug through my ribbon stash and found this black & white polka dot ribbon and hot glued it on. Even better.
But, you know I can't leave well enough alone. I found this beautiful fringe at Hobby Lobby and of course used my 40% off coupon. Then I hot glued that from the inside of the shade.
Isn't that fringe so pretty and poufy?! love it.
I love how it turned out, plus getting this accomplished motivates me to get to the rest of the office. I'll show more pictures as I get more projects done in there. :)

Here's the breakdown:
lamp $5
spray primer $3
fringe $3
total: $11

Go check out some other lamp goodness at the Nesting Place. She's hosting a Lampapalooza today! :)

Pin It

14 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the fringe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I love the polka dot ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job! I love all the trim, it really brings it to life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it! I want that fringe! You can never go wrong with black!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so impressed!!! The fringe makes the lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with the lamp! The fringe is the "icing on the cake"!
    ~Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lamp looks great! I love every detail you added!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect! You're a girl after my own heart...spray paint, ribbon, poufy trim, hot glue! LOVE it.

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks awesome Sara! Can't wait to see the whole office when you're done. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a beautiful job on your lamp. So much cuter than the original! ~~Rhonda :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it, love it, love it. I am so inspired right now!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)