Wednesday, July 10, 2013

a super quick do-over

hi y'all.
welp. it's hotter'n blue blazes over here {to steal a phrase from my lovely groom}.
i'm sitting on the back porch sweating my face off while ruby does this:


never mind, now she's putting dirt from a plant into the citronella candle.
this child doesn't sit still.
she also fancies herself to color me with sidewalk chalk and put dirty water from her "pool" into my hair.
:)

anyhoooo...... i wanted to show you my fav-o-rite thing i've been making lately for gifts...


i love them!!!
and i love making them!!
i've been making all shapes and sizes, depending on what jars i find up in my cabinet.
now i'm going to have to go thrifting for more jars. darn. ;)

also, i did a super quick diy on our shoe {storage} bin this afternoon.
this morning i noticed that the burlap was getting a bit ratty.
remember when i re-did the storage bench a couple of years ago? 
{it was a fabulous craig's list find.}



you know burlap doesn't last forever and the handle is long gone.  :(
boo to that, but that means it's well used.
we use that bin every day, several times a day.
it's so functional for us.

we stopped by hob lob today and i grabbed up some gray chevron fabric for $4.

sawyer wanted to help me with the project immediately so as soon as i got ruby down for nap we went to it...working as fast as we could.

i love this kind of simple reupholstery.
so quick and satisfying. plus i love using a staple gun. :)
also, when i get sick of the chevron, it's such a simple thing to slap another fabric on top.



it sure makes me happy.
sure, the wicker could use another coat of spray paint, but why?
three boys getting in and out of it every day...it's fine. :)



every pair of my boys' shoes stay in that bin.
i'm telling you that is one of the best things i've done.
that's a happy little entry way right there. :)


Today's Creative Blog

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through a Pinterest link about your baby girl's birthday party! It was super sweet! I have 3 boys (9,7,4) and we had a surprise baby girl who is about to turn 1
    I love this post with the shoe bin, I think it is just what we need! Thanks for sharing your life! It is fun to find others who have a similar family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Becca! :) So cool! our kids are almost the exact same age! so fun!! yes, the shoe bin has saved my sanity. seriously.

      Delete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)